Referendum papers

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 3 June 2016 11.40am
Not received postal vote papers yet. Southbank area... Any others not?
Friday 3 June 2016 12.08pm
Voting papers just arrived
Friday 3 June 2016 12.14pm
Got mine yesterday
Friday 3 June 2016 12.17pm
not got mine yet
Friday 3 June 2016 12.39pm
Thx Connie and DeeDee
Friday 3 June 2016 1.15pm
Got mine yesterday, already in the post!
Wednesday 8 June 2016 1.23pm
still nothing...
Wednesday 8 June 2016 1.39pm
Concerning...contact your council
Wednesday 8 June 2016 5.17pm
Paramount wrote:

If by 'voting papers' you mean a polling card, if someone is on the electoral register it is it is not necessary to have one to enable you to vote. Afaik, if you don't have your card or have lost it, you should bring a valid form of personal identification, such as a passport or driving licence, with you when you go to vote. It is possible to check with the local authority's electoral services team if you are worried you are not on the register. You can try to register to vote even if not on the electoral register or have moved since last voting - assuming the computer hasn't crashed again,and I think you'll need your NI number to do so.
Wednesday 8 June 2016 7.21pm
janefs wrote:
Paramount wrote:

If by 'voting papers' you mean a polling card, if someone is on the electoral register it is it is not necessary to have one to enable you to vote.

Paramount was referring to Postal Vote papers, not a polling card:

Paramount wrote:
Not received postal vote papers yet.

A registered elector may still cast his vote if the Postal Vote papers have not been delivered, but they will have to attend the polling station in person.

If they are unable to do so on the day, they will have lost the opportunity to participate in the consultation.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: