Mosquitoes in SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 8 June 2016 3.30pm
In over 20 years in SE1, I have never been bitten by mosquitoes but last Saturday I visited a friend in Tooting and I was eaten alive. I was just wondering if SE1 is too polluted to have mozzies?
Wednesday 8 June 2016 4.22pm
I hope so connie.
Mozzies love eating me alive too, so will get me first, and I will post on SE1 at the first sign.
Wednesday 8 June 2016 4.54pm
bartholomew legs looked like i'd been to alcudia!
Wednesday 8 June 2016 7.11pm
I have occasionally been bitten here, but it's not a common problem. Let's be pleased about this!
Wednesday 8 June 2016 7.14pm
What next: malaria...?
Wednesday 8 June 2016 7.15pm
Mozzies are incredibly attracted to me, and I've also had the odd bite in SE1 Ė particularly in recent years.
Thursday 9 June 2016 10.45am
3 years in the Peabody Estate on Southwark St (2 different top floor flats) and eaten alive by the local mozzies. I'm sure they were also inviting their friends from the neighbouring boroughs to have a nibble too.

So far in my new flat in E&C I havenít had had any issues, Iím guessing because Iím further from the river?
Thursday 9 June 2016 2.15pm
I have lived in SE1 for 20 years close to the river and yes there are mosquitoes here. I sometimes get bitten on my ankles and I have heard the high pitched buzz they make when lying in bed at night. It seems the hot and humid weather makes them more active. I have also encountered midges here and they even sometimes end up flying through windows luckily my cat loves to catch them and he is very good at it.
Saturday 11 June 2016 12.15am
Jan the old one wrote:
bartholomew legs looked like i'd been to alcudia!

Alcudia?, Alcudia? Have you no shame Jan?
Get your legs to Mahon, Menorca, or Murcia City, in Murcia province, or try Gijon, Asturias, in July or August when the temperatures rarely exceed 24-26 centigrade.
Nothing beats Madrid IMO, but 38-40 for days on end is an acquired taste.
Leave Alcudia for the po' folks.
Saturday 11 June 2016 2.13pm
Me po folk! The pharmacy in the high st had a queue outside reaching down pass the Karaoke Bar.....and as much as I love karaoke singing smothered in bites did not appeal to me! Oddly enough in Bruges one year , October I think I was so badly bitten by the critters I scratched non stop drawing blood...stupid really as on immune suppressants and had a ominous red line going up my leg! But the critters there were very posh! Lol
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: