Corner of Isabella and Joan Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 14 June 2016 10.31am
what is going on with the rubbish dumped at the corner of Isabella and Joan st,right at the back of southwark tube station.pigeons and rats are having a feast.it looks unsightly and smell bad.who can we contact to report it?
Tuesday 14 June 2016 1.26pm
max33 wrote:
who can we contact to report it?

Fix My Street or Southwark Council / 020 7525 2000
Tuesday 14 June 2016 2.14pm
thanks for that information truthmonkey
Tuesday 14 June 2016 8.30pm
I walked past it today and I swear it's getting bigger by the day. The council should come and remove it. Would that be Southwark or Lambeth?
Tuesday 14 June 2016 8.32pm
The Speck of Land that Southwark Forgot. I will meander past there tomorrow to check that it's not been magically cleansed by the goblins overnight, a doubly doubtful scenario and then I'll phone Southwark as well. You'd have thought that the food outlets would have done something pro-active to clean their food arenas too, surely it would make would be diners turn away.
Thanks, max33.
Zoe
Tuesday 14 June 2016 9.27pm
I wrote to Cllr Noakes to ask him to raise it with Southwark. It's not so much about it being cleared as understanding why it's there and who isn't paying to get their commercial waste removed.
Tuesday 14 June 2016 10.30pm
I'm pretty sure these paladin bins are supposed to be at the back of the restaurants. They were probably moved out of the way when they were resurfacing and no one put them back.
Wednesday 15 June 2016 1.42pm
Now, why would that surprise anyone, and what are they using for their waste nowadays? The staff may each have to take a carrier bag stuffed with rubbish home at night.New conditions of employment. I saw the bins, they are horrid. A few more dramatic phone calls are required from witnesses.Assaulted by a rabid pigeon, slipped on a beer can, a rat ran up your leg sort of drama.
Wednesday 15 June 2016 2.38pm
There also seems to be a recent (and increasing) problem with litter on Short Street, round the corner from Sainsbury's on The Cut. Dreadful! It doesn't look like commercial waste, but that doesn't make it any more pleasant...
Zoe
Wednesday 15 June 2016 10.25pm
It's from a property being let as holiday accommodation, Lambeth know (but don't seem to be doing much).
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: