Southwark Banner project

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 15 June 2016 4.09pm
Hello Everyone,

For this year's Mint Street Music Festival on 16 July in Mint St Park, I'm making a fabric banner which will look like a giant block of Peabody flats. I NEED LOCAL PEOPLE TO HELP ME MAKE IT! Anyone who wants to take part will be given a window made of fabric and asked to represent something about themselves or their community. It can be as personal or political as you wish, the only rules are it must be waterproof and I won't include any offensive material!

You can stitch, stick, paint or draw on your window, be as figurative or abstract as you like.

This is open to adults and children alike and is a chance for you to say something about the place you live, and to see your work exhibited at Mint Street Music Festival.

If you would like to take part, please reply to this thread or pick up an envelope containing a window along with instructions from Better Bankside.

Please tell all your creative friends.

Thank you,

Ruby
Saturday 18 June 2016 8.33am
If you fancy joining in with this project, I'll be at the Blackfriars Estate Garden Open Day today (Peabody buildings on the north side of St George's Circus).

Otherwise information packs are available at Better Bankside.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: