Waterloo East announcements

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 16 June 2016 10.25pm
Rid me of these troublesome noisy recorded. announcement.. Very bad for local residents. Do complain. when volume gets maximised or extended
Zoe
Friday 17 June 2016 10.37am
I tweeted them this morning and they seem to have been turned down. Message me if you hear them again (though I suspect I will too of course!!).
Friday 17 June 2016 11.27am
Thanks Zoe.. Tannoy announcements remind me of 1984 George Orwell or. the Prisoner ITV. Patrick McGoogan
Zoe
Monday 20 June 2016 4.44pm
It's happening again, I think we'll need to start making complaints. Not sure if it's Network Rail or South Eastern.
Monday 20 June 2016 11.28pm
I rang South Eastern tonight and they will contact Waterloo East. I will hear within 7 to. 10 days apparently
Tuesday 21 June 2016 8.10am
It would be quicker for SE to announce it over the PA system just to let you know they are turning the volume down to less than eleven.
Zoe
Tuesday 21 June 2016 2.58pm
I think the slightly monotone voice is part of why it's so annoying, it really carries, along with the repetitiveness and the frequency from 6am onwards. We have enough noise around here.
Wednesday 22 June 2016 7.45am
Surely we should be able to go to the office from where this noise is originating and request silence etc or don't local residents graveyard voice anymore. I imagine Roupell Street are generally will be most cross re this as in the past.. Seems to be arecurring theme with this railway company. Not fit for purpose from many aspects
Wednesday 22 June 2016 9.13am
I am sure there is an office, of sorts, on Waterloo Main where you can go. It used to be on an upper tier with a panoramic overview of the whole concourse. It may well have moved to make way for money spinning commercial businesses which none of us knew we needed whilst travelling.
Not too far away is it?
There you can express in your 'graveyard voice' your request or demands and be met with the blank look of total incomprehension and if you are lucky, very lucky, the vague promise "to look into it".
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: