Nigel Farage Westminster Flotilla

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 20
Saturday 18 June 2016 10.11am
I noticed a while ago that Mr Farage and Kate Hoey etc were to lead a flotilla of fishing vessels up the Thames in commemoration of original sail in 1971. It seems slightly mischievous then for Bob Geldoff n mates to muscle in on the act shouting objectionable epithets hurled across the waters. It is the issues not personalities surely

This was to be a special Brexit eventhough not something the opposition were invited too. Anyway Mr Geldoff along with Richard Branson and his ilk don't know what they truly believe from one minute to the next!
Saturday 18 June 2016 7.08pm
The thing is, Paramount, we live in a democracy and it is perfectly acceptable for opposing factions to get their views across. I do think that in the case of the Geldof barge, it somewhat backfired though!
Saturday 18 June 2016 7.23pm
Yes Calamity agreed in general but Brexit have never suddenly apoeared at a Remain event without agreement or notification in advance as Brexit one had been arranged some weeks previously you are right certainly appears to have backfired. Oh dear
Saturday 18 June 2016 9.59pm
I think one has to distinguish between events that are private and events that are public events in the public domain and Brexit's flotilla up the River Thames falls under the latter category so fair game to anyone who wants to oppose. Geldof got it wrong and has lost himself a lot of followers, insulting a lot of fishermen whose livelihoods have been devastated by EU rules. I think it might have been Nigel Farage quoted on the lines of 'we have been battling the establishment and now we have the establishment battling us' ['establishment' in this case being the Remain campaign!].
I think the plight of the fishermen was brought home to a lot of people and that the images shown on tv did not help the Remain case. Think I read that a Labour/Remain lady subsequently disassociated herself from the events on the Remain boat.
It could be said that Remain trying to rain on Brexit's parade got the Brexit camp more publicity than if they had just sailed up the Thames!
Sunday 19 June 2016 6.14am
Paramount wrote:
It is the issues not personalities surely

If this was indeed the case, why didn't Nigel and Kate send one of their minions in their place...?
Zoe
Sunday 19 June 2016 8.30am
It's funny because Nigel Farage has never done anything for fishermen while a member of the European fisheries committee, but claims to represent them. What a fraud.

The boat thing was a bit stupid on both sides I felt, though I'm not against have mini sea battles to settle debates in future, but I want it arranged properly, perhaps using paint guns.
Sunday 19 June 2016 9.33am
I have Nigel online defending UK fishermen and all UK workers In EU undemocratic club run by unelected
one jean Paul junker
Sunday 19 June 2016 9.37am
I voted out and against in 1975 with Powell and Benn
And have never changed my stance. We now have the opportunity to make Britain great again. Let's seize it with both hands!
Sunday 19 June 2016 9.39am
There are no minions. All are vip and really sincerely welcome with love in Brexit camp!
Sunday 19 June 2016 12.02pm
Zoe wrote:
It's funny because Nigel Farage has never done anything for fishermen while a member of the European fisheries committee, but claims to represent them. What a fraud.
The boat thing was a bit stupid on both sides I felt, though I'm not against have mini sea battles to settle debates in future, but I want it arranged properly, perhaps using paint guns.

I agree. The man is an unbelievable hypocrite, and it's equally unbelievable how some people allow themselves to have the wool pulled over their eyes by him. Squalid Britain, that's what he stands for.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 20

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: