Voting implements

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 22 June 2016 6.31pm
Would it invalidate slips if I filled it in with a biro instead of a pencil? An old lady has told me that a eraser would be used on slips to leave!
Wednesday 22 June 2016 7.32pm
The only people who'll touch the paper after you will be counting the votes....I'm sure someone would notice them taking out a rubber. But anything is possible with this nasty vote.
Wednesday 22 June 2016 8.03pm
"Each polling booth should include sharpened pencils, attached to string long enough to accommodate both right and left-handed voters. You can use you own pen or pencil if you prefer."

Source
Thursday 23 June 2016 2.30pm
Be careful Jan!

UsePens conspiracy theory leads to POLICE being called
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/eu-referendum-day-live-police-8262829
Thursday 23 June 2016 3.54pm
I'm laughing at the idea of MI5 sat up through the night doing frantic rubbing-out.
Thursday 23 June 2016 3.55pm
Polling stations use special indelible pencils.
Sunday 26 June 2016 9.45am
I couldn't believe just how many people were being so gullible over the PencilGate concerns. It surely would have been a completely ridiculous notion, but it has shown how worryingly fast rumours are spread via social networks these days. Just think how implausible this erasing would be, and when and where could it have been done away from the scrutiny of the officials who checked every sealed ballot box? Oh, these daft conspiracy theories ! Stick to the 'Man didn't really land on the moon' one, that's far more believable.
Sunday 26 June 2016 10.37am
Once that thought was put in my head..it stuck...then laughed at myself when I read Gary's post! But I was so anxious to make sure my vote was counted! Apparently some people signed their names on the slips? Which of course invalidated them.
Zoe
Sunday 26 June 2016 3.27pm
What always amuses me is how long people take to vote, they stare at that slip for ever, including me! It's like we are never quite sure we picked the right one, or turned the cooker off.
Sunday 26 June 2016 8.48pm
Jan the old one wrote:
Would it invalidate slips if I filled it in with a biro instead of a pencil? An old lady has told me that a eraser would be used on slips to leave!

I might choose to believe in the eraser conspiracy. It's more comfortable than knowing I walk amongst a mass of mathematical morons and racists (take your pick btw).
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: