Pret comes to the Elephant

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 23 June 2016 8.13am
Opening soon in the marketing suite by the new leisure centre. It had to happen sooner or later.
Thursday 23 June 2016 11.16am
We are entering a weird post-capitalist communist state where there are lots of shops to choose from but they all sell exactly the same sandwiches
Tuesday 28 June 2016 1.15pm
I'm not Pret's number one fan by any means, but I think it's really significant that an established chain with a reputation for quality has finally come to the area. It's the very first time this has happened, as far as I can see - let's face it, no one in their right mind is going to take a lease in the Shopping Centre. Let's hope this is an indication of some quality retail to come.
Tuesday 2 August 2016 4.13pm
Opens this Friday at 6.30am according to the signs in the window

As long ago as last September, Lendlease was looking to sell the retail element of One The Elephant as an investment proposition for 4.125 million

http://fawcettmead.squeeze-hosting.biz/dlpdf.php?id=199

(That document is dated Sep 2015 and I've subsequently heard Lendlease say all four units have been let, to a combination of big names and independents.)

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 2 August 2016 4.52pm
Unit 2 (part of the current Lendlease sales suite) is going to be a dental surgery.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: