Neil Coyle

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 18 of 21
Sunday 4 June 2017 10.10am
Tom Pepper wrote:
suziq wrote:
Just had a letter from the Labour party containing a picture of the actor who plays Lewis - I had no idea what his name was, so Googled it and it's Kevin Whately. I'm assuming its purpose is to encourage me to vote for the Labour party candidate because Kevin Whately says I should! Why, exactly, are his personal opinions supposed to influence me? Has anyone else received a similar letter, telling them everything that is wrong with the Tories?

I think that their thought process is, if the people receiving the letter like the TV show, it follows that they'll probably like the star.
So they just might think, "Oh, Kevin is voting Labour, Kevin is honest and true, he must be, he's a policeman, I'll vote the same as him."
Enter stage left, a crowd of grinning, inane idiots, vigorously waving their voting cards, rushing to complete their drip-fed instructions.

Thing is, I think it was those luvvies that lost it for remain, I'm convinced of it.
Sunday 4 June 2017 8.01pm
boroughonian wrote:
Tom Pepper wrote:
suziq wrote:
Just had a letter from the Labour party containing a picture of the actor who plays Lewis - I had no idea what his name was, so Googled it and it's Kevin Whately. I'm assuming its purpose is to encourage me to vote for the Labour party candidate because Kevin Whately says I should! Why, exactly, are his personal opinions supposed to influence me? Has anyone else received a similar letter, telling them everything that is wrong with the Tories?

I think that their thought process is, if the people receiving the letter like the TV show, it follows that they'll probably like the star.
So they just might think, "Oh, Kevin is voting Labour, Kevin is honest and true, he must be, he's a policeman, I'll vote the same as him."
Enter stage left, a crowd of grinning, inane idiots, vigorously waving their voting cards, rushing to complete their drip-fed instructions.

Thing is, I think it was those luvvies that lost it for remain, I'm convinced of it.

Not unlike American actors/musicians telling Americans to vote Clinton. Up their own bottoms.
Monday 5 June 2017 5.41am
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
boroughonian wrote:
Tom Pepper wrote:
suziq wrote:

Not unlike American actors/musicians telling Americans to vote Clinton. Up their own bottoms.

Indeed.
Monday 5 June 2017 3.02pm
After complaining about a couple of letters from the Liberals, I think it's only fair that I mention a letter received today from Hughes himself. It's a good'n and may have won me over.

Yaki dah.
Tuesday 6 June 2017 7.49am
When all the shouting has died down soon trustfully may we at least agree that GB was out before in and as I told a Lib Dem Canvasser yesterday we can be out again

I voted out in 72 and 75 and not changed my mind not being overtly impressed by The Common Market and certainly not with the EU Club

Cotswolds 12
Tuesday 6 June 2017 7.59am
boroughonian wrote:
Tom Pepper wrote:
suziq wrote:

correct re the luvvies
..The ordinary man in the street must decide as it probably affects them much more as these usually pretentious stars are unaffected by government policies unduly possibly
Tuesday 6 June 2017 9.49am
Paramount wrote:
boroughonian wrote:
Tom Pepper wrote:
suziq wrote:

correct re the luvvies
..The ordinary man in the street must decide as it probably affects them much more as these usually pretentious stars are unaffected by government policies unduly possibly

Oh, I don't know, I think most of them genuinely care and they're entitled to their opinion just like everybody else. It's the telling people why they should vote in a certain way that annoys me, regardless of whether I was going to vote in that way anyway. In the Strictly Greatest British Talent Voice dumb-down society there are too many people who vote based on subjective like/dislike rather than a real understanding of politics anyway.
Tuesday 6 June 2017 9.53am
Paramount wrote:
When all the shouting has died down soon trustfully may we at least agree that GB was out before in and as I told a Lib Dem Canvasser yesterday we can be out again
I voted out in 72 and 75 and not changed my mind not being overtly impressed by The Common Market and certainly not with the EU Club

There's two ways of looking at this. On the one hand it could be said that the World was a very different place in 1970, it's far more economically competitive now. On the other hand, the World is a much smaller place and it should be easier to trade on a World wide basis.

Anyway, whatever happens I'll be voting for a remainer, I don't have much choice.
Wednesday 7 June 2017 10.21pm
Doesn't Coyle love to get himself into the papers? This time the Daily Star!
Thursday 8 June 2017 8.23am
To me the worst possible result would be the Conservatives returned to power AND Coyle re-elected so that he can continue his backstabbing campaign against Jeremy Corbyn on the grounds that 'Corbyn and his policies lost us the election'. Slightly better would be Coyle NOT re-elected and only able to stand on the sidelines muttering 'Corbyn and his policies lost me my seat'.

What to do? After voting Labour consistently for 50 years (and, thanks to having usually lived in various different constituencies that were 'safe' to other parties, only once having seen the Labour candidate I voted for get elected - that's Coyle) what do I do this time?

I'll probably vote with my conscience rather than my heart for a change - and throw my vote away on the Greens.
Current: 18 of 21

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network