Neil Coyle

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 19 of 21
Thursday 8 June 2017 10.11am
That would be a shame and could well mean we get Coyle again, for four years this time. I've struggled to find anyone who thinks he has been a good constituency MP. There must be someone out there, but I can't find them!
Thursday 8 June 2017 10.56am
Gavin Smith wrote:
Doesn't Coyle love to get himself into the papers? This time the Daily Star!

What a terrible piece of smear that is. Don't they have professional journalists
"Neil Coyle, Labour candidate for Bermondsey and Old Southwark, was alleged to have been abusive towards Labour party staff." - alleged by whom? It doesn't say.
"The party’s former chief whip, Nick Brown, was reported to have launched an investigation into the allegations." - reported by whom? It doesn't say
"But Brown has exonerated Coyle telling Daily Star Online there never was an investigation into the allegations." - so, no story here at all.

The biggest problem I have with Neil Coyle is his willingness to appear in Murdoch and Desmond owned media slagging off his own party. If he does get round to criticising the government, they don't report it, so why does he feel beholden to them?
Thursday 8 June 2017 12.36pm
I'll tell you the biggest problem I have with Coyle, apart from the fact that he doesn't seem to respond to much correspondence. I find his attitude to Gavin a tad bitchy and, dare I say, a tad Johnesque.

I once had a right ding dong with Hughes. I went on this save Guy's A&E march and wound up in the lobby halls of Parliament, he was summoned and frankly, I gave it to him with both barrels (I hope there's no carry on fans reading this). I thought he hadn't done enough.

I have met him several times since and he has been nothing but a Gentleman. Oh he remembers me alright, he's a proper constituent MP. Never failed to respond to my questions and he's had my vote.
Thursday 8 June 2017 1.37pm
That seems like a very fair appraisal, Boroughonian, and shows that, whoever they are, they can't get it right all of the time. Thank you for taking account of his attitude towards me when casting your vote. It was clearly the deciding factor for me and Mrs S. I hope and pray we see the return of Simon as our MP tomorrow - our area will be so much better for it.
Thursday 8 June 2017 5.15pm
just read through the past few pages, quite a kaleidoscope of opinion!

for those of use who have decided to support corny, but are loathed to have to support Coyle, is there nothing we can do to register our displeasure with labour hq?
Thursday 8 June 2017 6.10pm
superfly wrote:
for those of use who have decided to support corny, but are loathed to have to support Coyle, is there nothing we can do to register our displeasure with labour hq?

Vote for anybody but Coyle. A vote for Coyle is not one for Corbyn. In fact, by voting for Coyle, you're enabling him to stab Corbyn in the back and get rid of him.
Thursday 8 June 2017 6.11pm
Saw Coyle for the first time ever this afternoon in Tabard Street! He was only there as he was doing a photoshoot with a load of Labour activists and a car in Labour livery. He does love a photo!
Thursday 8 June 2017 7.56pm
Gavin Smith wrote:
superfly wrote:

Vote for anybody but Coyle. A vote for Coyle is not one for Corbyn. In fact, by voting for Coyle, you're enabling him to stab Corbyn in the back and get rid of him.

Truer words were never spoken.

A vote for Simon Hughes will go towards returning to Westminster a person who will oppose the Conservatives, and also (unlike Coyle) act as a very good friend to all who live in his constituency, regardless of whether they are his supporters or not.

There are still 64 minutes before the polling stations close: if you haven't yet voted get out there now and place your cross besides Simon Hughes' name!
Friday 9 June 2017 1.21pm
I knew her hero Simon had bitten the dust, and taken his yellow TX1 to the cab rank in the Chiltern Hundreds when I surfaced this a.m. to find his window poster on the kitchen table.
A note was attached, 'please put this in with the recycling, and put the bin out, it's collection day.'
She'll be inconsolable this evening, I'd better put a couple of bottles of Viognier in an ice bucket!
Friday 9 June 2017 1.44pm
so much for the corbyn haters who seem to be as detached from the reality of public opinion as the tories...

time to investigate the labour deselection process..
Current: 19 of 21

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network