Neil Coyle

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 10 of 21
Thursday 11 May 2017 7.55pm
faraday wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:


Yawn.

You are clearly a person who has strong beliefs and who does not like other people who have different beliefs or who pursue a different way of life.

You clearly do not like people who yawn.
Saturday 13 May 2017 10.51am
maurits wrote:
John C wrote:
lucysalisbury wrote:
Anyone seen any local polling for "Bermondsey and Old Southwark"? Is Simon Hughes in with a chance of getting back? I think Coyle might pay a price for being in the same party as Brexit-enabling Corbyn, even though he voted against article 50

Judging by the amount of effort and money the Lib-Dems are putting into canvassing round here, they must think Simon Hughes stands a good chance. Personally I'll vote for any candidate who promises to fight a rearguard action against Brexit, up to and including bloody insurrection. Given that Neil Coyle has shown no loyalty to the party line or to his leader, perhaps he is the man for the job.

He could well be, but a vote for him is a vote for Corbyn, a closet Brexiteer. I will therefore support Simon Hughes. I am a social democrat at heart, but will support the LibDems solely based on their stance on Brexit.

I too will fight *Brexit until the very end. I hate it.

*For Brexit see democracy.

There's one thing this post referendum remoaning has taught me, the Scots are an incredibly democratic bunch, they put up with the wrong results for years and years. Granted they've had enough of it, but it wasn't at the first sign of electoral defeat.
Saturday 13 May 2017 10.58am
boroughonian wrote:
maurits wrote:
John C wrote:
lucysalisbury wrote:
Anyone seen any local polling for "Bermondsey and Old Southwark"? Is Simon Hughes in with a chance of getting back? I think Coyle might pay a price for being in the same party as Brexit-enabling Corbyn, even though he voted against article 50

Judging by the amount of effort and money the Lib-Dems are putting into canvassing round here, they must think Simon Hughes stands a good chance. Personally I'll vote for any candidate who promises to fight a rearguard action against Brexit, up to and including bloody insurrection. Given that Neil Coyle has shown no loyalty to the party line or to his leader, perhaps he is the man for the job.

He could well be, but a vote for him is a vote for Corbyn, a closet Brexiteer. I will therefore support Simon Hughes. I am a social democrat at heart, but will support the LibDems solely based on their stance on Brexit.

I too will fight *Brexit until the very end. I hate it.

*For Brexit see democracy.

The fact that a decision for Brexit was taken by a referendum may make it 'democratic' (debatable) - it certainly doesn't make it 'right'. It was a wrong decision and I have a (democratic) right to seek to overturn it! The 'people' are just as likely to make silly mistakes as the rest of us.
Saturday 13 May 2017 11.17am
John C wrote:
boroughonian wrote:
maurits wrote:
John C wrote:
lucysalisbury wrote:
Anyone seen any local polling for "Bermondsey and Old Southwark"? Is Simon Hughes in with a chance of getting back? I think Coyle might pay a price for being in the same party as Brexit-enabling Corbyn, even though he voted against article 50

Judging by the amount of effort and money the Lib-Dems are putting into canvassing round here, they must think Simon Hughes stands a good chance. Personally I'll vote for any candidate who promises to fight a rearguard action against Brexit, up to and including bloody insurrection. Given that Neil Coyle has shown no loyalty to the party line or to his leader, perhaps he is the man for the job.

He could well be, but a vote for him is a vote for Corbyn, a closet Brexiteer. I will therefore support Simon Hughes. I am a social democrat at heart, but will support the LibDems solely based on their stance on Brexit.

What's more, people who voted Leave have been sold a pack of lies. Hardly democratic.

I too will fight *Brexit until the very end. I hate it.

*For Brexit see democracy.

The fact that a decision for Brexit was taken by a referendum may make it 'democratic' (debatable) - it certainly doesn't make it 'right'. It was a wrong decision and I have a (democratic) right to seek to overturn it! The 'people' are just as likely to make silly mistakes as the rest of us.

What's more, the people who voted Leave have been sold a pack of lies. Hardly democratic.
Saturday 13 May 2017 1.09pm
I think there is very little chance that Brexit will overturned, I'm not even sure it would be a good idea but people are fully entitled to fight for it. It seems more people are better informed about it now than they were before the Referendum. The campaigning from all sides was a disgrace, it should never have taken place under these circumstances. Apart from that, it was Farage who said "52-48 ...would be “unfinished business”." Unfinished business it is.
Saturday 13 May 2017 9.29pm
Reading some of Labour's leaked manifesto points in The Telegraph, I was happy to see that they'd retain the ban on fox hunting.
However, their idea of protecting the right to a "nomadic way of life", and support of gypsies, travellers, and the Roma community is a major red flag to me.
Absent a candidate for M. Macron's La République en Marche party, I'd vote for anyone BUT Labour, so stand by Simon, I'm with you.
Sunday 14 May 2017 12.35pm
Are you saying you hate travellers?
Sunday 14 May 2017 9.10pm
boris wrote:
Are you saying you hate travellers?
This guy does:
Monday 15 May 2017 12.04pm
maurits wrote:
John C wrote:
boroughonian wrote:
maurits wrote:
John C wrote:
lucysalisbury wrote:
Anyone seen any local polling for "Bermondsey and Old Southwark"? Is Simon Hughes in with a chance of getting back? I think Coyle might pay a price for being in the same party as Brexit-enabling Corbyn, even though he voted against article 50

Judging by the amount of effort and money the Lib-Dems are putting into canvassing round here, they must think Simon Hughes stands a good chance. Personally I'll vote for any candidate who promises to fight a rearguard action against Brexit, up to and including bloody insurrection. Given that Neil Coyle has shown no loyalty to the party line or to his leader, perhaps he is the man for the job.

He could well be, but a vote for him is a vote for Corbyn, a closet Brexiteer. I will therefore support Simon Hughes. I am a social democrat at heart, but will support the LibDems solely based on their stance on Brexit.

What's more, people who voted Leave have been sold a pack of lies. Hardly democratic.

I too will fight *Brexit until the very end. I hate it.

*For Brexit see democracy.

The fact that a decision for Brexit was taken by a referendum may make it 'democratic' (debatable) - it certainly doesn't make it 'right'. It was a wrong decision and I have a (democratic) right to seek to overturn it! The 'people' are just as likely to make silly mistakes as the rest of us.

What's more, the people who voted Leave have been sold a pack of lies. Hardly democratic.

Let's be clear, if the shoe was on the other foot, I would be saying that it's only 3 million and the fight goes on, you would be telling me that a democratic decision has been made and that I should accept it, and you would be right.

Every time we vote in a Tory government it's the wrong decision.

As for the pack of lies, are you serious? The remain camp had everything, all the backing and all the finance, evrey single major party was pro remain and they had the best liars too.
What is this pack of lies you speak of? Are you telling me that you wasn't aware that half the money we give we get back in gift tokens? What lies? £350M can go to the NHS, it wont, but it can. Oh, and try and convince a remainer that it wasn't Farage that said it LOL!!!

World war 3, emergency budgets and economic disaster, there's 3 lies for you right there and before you say we haven't left yet, these disasters were to happen right away, certainly by now.

An end to the legalised people trafficking.

With respect maurits, it will be people like yourself that ensure that UKIP will return.
Monday 15 May 2017 12.16pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
I think there is very little chance that Brexit will overturned, I'm not even sure it would be a good idea but people are fully entitled to fight for it. It seems more people are better informed about it now than they were before the Referendum. The campaigning from all sides was a disgrace, it should never have taken place under these circumstances. Apart from that, it was Farage who said "52-48 ...would be “unfinished business”." Unfinished business it is.

I accept that it's unfinished business, I accept that Scottish independence is unfinished business, but the Scots didn't start campaigning and demonstrating the day after the referendum. I can't accept spoiling tactics, even if I disagreed with the result.

Anyway, when did you start agreeing with Farage?
Current: 10 of 21

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network