Neil Coyle

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 3 of 21
Thursday 30 June 2016 1.03pm
LiviaDrusilla wrote:
batfastard wrote:
Corbyn was democraticaly elected by a massive majority by the people, Those who are against him should either shut up and support that decision or resign from the party. The Blairite right wingers are afraid they'll lose their gravy train with Corbyn, they don't care about what the party represents as much as they care about their own power and income. I look forward to when we can de-select our candidates and kick out the facists in the labour party.

Yes let's see the Tories rule for a generation. As long as you have the moral high ground in your own head.

I have no idea what point you're trying to make as you appear to be speaking gibberish.
Thursday 30 June 2016 6.30pm
out of interest, does anyone know if its possible for constituents to reject a party's candidate in favour of another from the same party? or is the candidate for a constituency decided upon by the party?

ie can labour voters petition for coyle to be replaced at the next election as labour candidate, or would they have to vote for another party to register their disapproval of him?
Friday 1 July 2016 9.31am
I understood thelocal party can deselect any time if perceived reasonable grounds so to do

Cotswolds 12
Friday 1 July 2016 11.39am
Deselection should be to the forefront of many Labour Party constituencies, nearly 200 I suspect. All those MPs who will not support their leader, Jeremy Corbyn, should resign the party whip and then explain to the constituency activists why they have done so.

When Corbyn wins any new leadership contest because he has a huge majority in the party, what will the right wing and Blairite rebels do?

To be honourable Neil Coyle, and those of his ilk, should resign from the Labour Party and as an MP and thus trigger a by-election standing as Independents against recognised Labour Party supported candidates. Thus we would all discover if there is a genuine move to the left by the electorate
Friday 1 July 2016 11.59am
Thebunhouse wrote:
To be honourable Neil Coyle, and those of his ilk, should resign from the Labour Party and as an MP and thus trigger a by-election standing as Independents against recognised Labour Party supported candidates.

Did I dream him winning the seat by c.4,000 votes just last year? For the Labour party? Or is your contention that he only won the seat because of an obscure, long-term back-bencher from North London that very few people at the time had ever even heard of (though quite a few people in the constituency probably knew his brother)?
Friday 1 July 2016 3.55pm
Thebunhouse wrote:
Deselection should be to the forefront of many Labour Party constituencies, nearly 200 I suspect. All those MPs who will not support their leader, Jeremy Corbyn, should resign the party whip and then explain to the constituency activists why they have done so.
When Corbyn wins any new leadership contest because he has a huge majority in the party, what will the right wing and Blairite rebels do?

To be honourable Neil Coyle, and those of his ilk, should resign from the Labour Party and as an MP and thus trigger a by-election standing as Independents against recognised Labour Party supported candidates. Thus we would all discover if there is a genuine move to the left by the electorate

I think JC will do brilliantly in a leadership election which is open to all party members. Student membership is only 1 and he is liked by a lot of young people. It will certainly give those MPs who have withdrawn their support a bloody nose
Friday 1 July 2016 6.25pm
Interview with Neil Coyle

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 1 July 2016 9.22pm
There is the Labour Party, and then there is the Parliamentary Labour Party.

Leadership is decided by the former (made out of rank and file members), regardless of the feelings of the latter (the Labour Members of the House of Commons).

In other news:

Labour Party gains 60,000 new members in wake of Corbyn coup

Source
Friday 1 July 2016 9.59pm
There was no protest outside Coyle's office. What a waste of police resources!
Friday 1 July 2016 10.19pm
But it did make him feel self-important.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 3 of 21

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network