Keepmoat Scaffold & Home Insurance Liability

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 11 July 2016 6.10pm
We had Keepmoat last year rewire our blocks internally individual flats and they did a lot of damage and were hundreds of complaints in our area at meetings. This year they are back doing windows on some blocks, of one being ours. They have started to put up scaffolding today, being told it could be up for eight weeks and was advised on keepmoat letter to let our home insurance companies know, upon doing so was informed while scaffold is up that my home insurance is not liable for anything. That keepmoat will be liable instead... I asked Keepmoat about scaffold security and was told its not alarmed just some lock thing put on it, while I am not a builder so dont have much knowledge of this really. We already have all new windows so luckily we dont have to go through all the process again, but their scaffold is up everywhere on our flat and everyones in the blocks. When it rains the men stand on peoples balconies now have to close all windows and doors. I understand while they have to do this but also at times feel my privacy is compromised as well. As when I went on my balcony one of the guys at first shouts up about having some tea and then later he was tapping on my closed window looking through just to ask about the items on our window ledge, when am trying to eat my dinner. Its not that I am being unfriendly but I am not very well and dont appreciate being harassed and want to be left alone. I think there is a difference between being friendly and bothersome.
Monday 11 July 2016 6.46pm
Ladywriter1968 wrote:
We had Keepmoat last year rewire our blocks internally individual flats and they did a lot of damage and were hundreds of complaints in our area at meetings. This year they are back doing windows on some blocks, of one being ours. They have started to put up scaffolding today, being told it could be up for eight weeks and was advised on keepmoat letter to let our home insurance companies know, upon doing so was informed while scaffold is up that my home insurance is not liable for anything. That keepmoat will be liable instead... I asked Keepmoat about scaffold security and was told its not alarmed just some lock thing put on it, while I am not a builder so dont have much knowledge of this really. We already have all new windows so luckily we dont have to go through all the process again, but their scaffold is up everywhere on our flat and everyones in the blocks. When it rains the men stand on peoples balconies now have to close all windows and doors. I understand while they have to do this but also at times feel my privacy is compromised as well. As when I went on my balcony one of the guys at first shouts up about having some tea and then later he was tapping on my closed window looking through just to ask about the items on our window ledge, when am trying to eat my dinner. Its not that I am being unfriendly but I am not very well and dont appreciate being harassed and want to be left alone. I think there is a difference between being friendly and bothersome.

Also to add of my concern we are going away soon so alas was concerned of the security aspect of it all. My insurance saying we are not covered does not give me peace of mind but oh well.
Friday 28 October 2016 4.38pm
[quote Ladywriter1968][quote Ladywriter1968]We had Keepmoat last year rewire our blocks internally individual flats and they did a lot of damage and were hundreds of complaints in our area at meetings. This year they are back doing windows on some blocks, of one being ours. They have started to put up scaffolding today, being told it could be up for eight weeks and was advised on keepmoat letter to let our home insurance companies know, upon doing so was informed while scaffold is up that my home insurance is not liable for anything. That keepmoat will be liable instead... I asked Keepmoat about scaffold security and was told its not alarmed just some lock thing put on it, while I am not a builder so dont have much knowledge of this really. We already have all new windows so luckily we dont have to go through all the process again, but their scaffold is up everywhere on our flat and everyones in the blocks. When it rains the men stand on peoples balconies now have to close all windows and doors. I understand while they have to do this but also at times feel my privacy is compromised as well. As when I went on my balcony one of the guys at first shouts up about having some tea and then later he was tapping on my closed window looking through just to ask about the items on our window ledge, when am trying to eat my dinner. Its not that I am being unfriendly but I am not very well and dont appreciate being harassed and want to be left alone. I think there is a difference between being friendly and bothersome.[/quote]

We had Keepmoat also do our house the other week and within the first day of them putting up the scaffold they were asking to buy our 3 month old kitten that was running around playing in the garden. They were Birmingham based i am pretty sure as they all had strong Brummi accents. When they came back the following week to take down all of the scaffolding they were caught taking it and Driving away from our garden with a big smile on there faces.
We went to the Keepmoat line to report the incident also before hand we rang the police who will do nothing about it but gave us a crime number, but Keepmoat got back to us once and just end up ignoring any further calls about the situation!
Any details of the company of the scaffold or if the scaffold is part of there own company is unknown an appreciated! I would hate to see this happen to anybody else, as it seems to me after 2 seconds of investigation on the net they could be doing anything like this in a number of places targeting poor unknopwn targets along the way.
Friday 28 October 2016 9.19pm
Ant forgive me I am a bit tired, was it the little kitten they took or scaffolding?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: