We got Keepmoat back again doing windows

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 12 July 2016 8.30pm
After the last stressful year with keepmoat with our rewire of electrics and damage the residents endured around here, we now this year have them back again, now putting up all scaffold at our blocks to do some residents windows that dont have them. Despite their many mistakes last year southwark still continue to employ them to do major works.

Also being informed by my home insurance company we are now not covered at all while the scaffold is up, and we are going on holiday soon, even with locked windows its liability now falls with keepmoat. We are not covered until scaffold is removed which could be weeks on end.

Its driving me mad already and they only just started to put it up, the are intrusive and noisy and pushy to, they are currently in keetons estate. I just feel I have no privacy in my own home we have to keep windows closed and blinds down all day.

One of the guys was knocking on my closed window yesterday and I though it was about scaffold, it was to ask about our collection of music inside our window, I am not a well person and dont want to be bothered by such things and why is he looking through our window at our stuff.

The day before they were shouting up at me at my balcony asking for tea when I walked onto my balcony. They are so rude and unprofessional. Have been told scaffold to be up eight weeks. The residents always suffer at the hands of these companies not the councils who employ them, They never listen to residents at meeting either.

They left a ladder on the floor next to the scaffold yesterday even as scaffold is uncompleted at this stage after they had left and its not alarmed either. We are three blocks of flats connected to each other. I dread it every day now when they come around. Luckily our windows are all new so we dont need them but still have the scaffold outside our flat. I dont feel safe as my husband works nights with it there, its connected to our balconies as well. If a company lets you down badly at first go you dont want them back again. Any thoughts of this. I hate it all, they have only started scaffold on the backs they will be putting it up round the fronts next week.

I just feel like I want to just run away from it all, since have been in agony with sciatica as well lower back pain. They shout along the scaffold as they walk along, have radio blasting out as well. jump up and down on it. Yesterday when the rain came down one guy was standing on next doors balcony looking through the side window. I really hate this company but seems we are stuck with them.
Tuesday 12 July 2016 9.53pm
If you suffer a burglary due to this scaffolds, even though your ensurance company won't cover the loss, you may still be able to sue Keepmoat or Southwark Council (who contracted them) for damages.

It is worth getting advice on this.
Wednesday 13 July 2016 8.35am
My uncle and wheelchair bound aunt, living in a council owned block of flats across the river in Kensington , had been surrounded by scaffolding for several weeks and were to be told well in advance when their windows would be replaced.This warning consisted of a hammer suddenly shattering their living room window from outside as they sat there eating breakfast. They were covered in splinters as was everything else within range.He still talks about this trauma,15 years later.
Just a small example of dangerous practice amongst these 'cheap' amateurish Companies.
I've got plenty of other examples ,but not to bore you too much with my catalogue listings, I'll just advise you to complain to the site manager or residents' liaison officer, they must sort out these upsets for you.Hoping that their renovations weren't done by the same contractors that you have, but under another guise. You've only a few months worth of hell to go with them, at least try to make it more bearable as it's bad enough suffering with sciatica.This has all conspired along with other events to make 2016 a truly memorable year for you, good luck !
Wednesday 13 July 2016 8.38pm
Sandy Pandy: Thanks for reply, and yes its same company as last year, I dont know if can put up pics on here but as its not alarmed they have put up wire mesh type stuff around our balconies to stop people getting in, but it can be easily pulled down, I feel like I am living in a bird cage. and your story OMG, although not surprised but still pretty aweful. These companies disgust me. They are putting it up all around front next week to, we will be on holiday but concerned about the insurance thing. I told the foreman your company will be liable he didnt respond really much and just said we will be blocking areas with locks, I didnt really know what he meant. So sorry your aunt had to go through that it must have frightened her as well. I also feel claustrophobic as well with all of this around me. The borough have not heard any of the residents after last years mess with this company. They still took them on for another fives years despite everything. I understand those who want their windows done as some of us already have new windows, we have so dont need them done but because we are adjoined to 3 blocks they put the scaffold up everywhere which includes those not needing them as well. The first day when they started and left for the evening they left a ladder on the floor by the scaffolding. It started to rain heavy and they all dumped stuff on floor and ran off home. We have to keep our windows closed and blinds down at well due to men looking through, one of them even tapped on our closed window to ask about the items inside our flat. This collectors item my husband has the man wanted to know what tunes it played. I replied I didnt know because its my husbands and not played them in a long time, my back was painful and wanted to be left alone in my flat in peace and he said but you must know what tunes it plays and he kept on and I said I am closing the window. Asking someone about personal items in their flat when the scaffolder is outside on ledge is very rude and intrusive I think. When people close their blinds its for a reason. Was told scaffold will be up for 8 weeks so I hope your vision of a few months dont come true.
Wednesday 13 July 2016 8.44pm
Jules62: Thanks for advice, I know they have to have liability insurance I think it called but dont know what that covers as dont know much about building works really. They are not alarmed the scaffold but they put up wire meshing type material, feels like I am living in a bird cage, although a deterrent it can be easily pulled down. he said its locked to the scaffold but dont really know what he means. They are also putting it up at the front soon to. I dont think can put pics on this site or would show people it.
Wednesday 13 July 2016 9.14pm
I would have put up pics but is no attachment thing on here to do it.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: