Southwark water charge debacle

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 16 July 2016 7.15pm
letter today from council outlining my refund for their overcharging tenants their 'commission' from 2001-2013 for thames water charges.
looks like we may start to get a separate water bill at some point in the future and to get a water meter where this can be done.
meanwhile, if the charges were wrong before 2013, and, we get a refund, why have they not been lowered to date?
Sunday 21 August 2016 5.38pm
... continues.

appears that tmo/jmb were given money 5 august or where they have handed back rent collection, posted to tenants rent accounts. fair street very tardy in issuing refunds ...
Sunday 21 August 2016 5.40pm
from the horses mouth :

'We are currently processing all current tenant refunds. We aim to complete this process within the next two weeks.

Once this process has been completed, we will then action the refunds to former tenants or executors; the council website will be updated shortly advising former tenants of how they can apply for their refund.'
Wednesday 24 August 2016 8.17am
I had not paid my rent for several weeks now on the basis of water rates refund, have received letters concerning arrears but none advising me of sum I am owed! Now have just read letter if I have not contacted to arrange payment a notice seeking possession will be issued...oh well it was nice living here in se1....
Wednesday 24 August 2016 9.09am
Jan the old one wrote:
I had not paid my rent for several weeks now on the basis of water rates refund, have received letters concerning arrears but none advising me of sum I am owed! Now have just read letter if I have not contacted to arrange payment a notice seeking possession will be issued...oh well it was nice living here in se1....

Always chasing tenants for money, but when they owe us they drag their heels!!! My landlord chased me for 4p arrears, a few years back!! Seriously??
Wednesday 24 August 2016 9.14am
Hi Jan, you should always continue to pay your rent regardless if they owe you a refund / other similar situation as essentially you will be in breach of your tenancy agreement.
Wednesday 24 August 2016 9.59am
I know your right Jinkazama ...it's not something I've ever done before and feel uneasy about doing it, I think it was not even being informed officially by housing department , finding out on Facebook and Southwark News peeved me somewhat! Oh well my burial money will soon be depleted...
Zoe
Wednesday 24 August 2016 4.17pm
You'll be fine as long as you pay your rent now. It's perhaps worth ringing your rent officer and ask their advice on whether to wait for the refund (they are likely to just say pay up).
Thursday 25 August 2016 2.33pm
Sorry Jan. You are not dealing with intelligent people who use discretion just morons totally devoid of compassion etc
Thursday 25 August 2016 2.36pm
And no common sense seems to be possessed by council at times. Jan the old one. Hope works out for you
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: