Searchable map for historic photos

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 20 July 2016 8.28pm
I don't know if this has been posted before, but this is a great website for anyone with an interest in London's more recent history. it's easy to get lost looking through all the historic photos of SE1 (and the rest of London). Found my street!

http://www.thememo.com/2016/07/20/historic-photos-london-map-collage-london-picture-archive/
Thursday 21 July 2016 4.02pm
This is fabulous - thank you!
Sunday 24 July 2016 5.23pm
One warning - note the small print: 'Please note that while we regularly add new images to the map, to ensure that the map is not overwhelmed with our images, only a small proportion are available to view in this way. If you don't find what you're looking for on the map, please use the Search or Advanced Search features.'

You'll get many more results by typing a street name into the 'search' box. For example, the map only shows one photograph for Falmouth Road - use 'search' instead, and you'll find 18 photos.
Friday 29 July 2016 4.42pm
"You'll get many more results by typing a street name into the 'search' box. For example, the map only shows one photograph for Falmouth Road - use 'search' instead, and you'll find 18 photos.[/quote]"

Yes, exactly right. I've spent way to much time using that feature. Fascinating though!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: