Reopened Elephant & Castle pub

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 25 July 2016 10.19am
Since it reopened on July 14th I'd been meaning to try the new Antic-version of the Elephant & Castle. Now discovering the disadvantage of a pub I like located on my home from the tube! Dangerous temptation to just stop for a quick one... already two rather later than intended nights! The atmosphere of the pub does seem to have changed - it was friendly and I was quite comfortable in here on my own waiting for friends to arrive. We sat outside later and had delish chips with what seemed to be fresh mango salsa... I think this is a temporary food arrangement as they said the kitchen is under construction - due to open in a couple of weeks. Pleased to have another venue in the area as 4 pubs closer to home have closed in the last 10 years and no signs of most reopening as pubs. I think the next SE1 social is meeting here on Thurs... see you there?!
Monday 25 July 2016 6.24pm
I didn't mean to go either, but I saw Sophie hanging out in there so guess where I ended up!
Tuesday 26 July 2016 3.10am
I think in 14 years of living here I never went to the old version. Well maybe once. Really liking this new incarnation - good beer on tap too.

(btw what is going on with the building above, it's had scaffolding up for literally years now)
Tuesday 26 July 2016 11.22am
Yes, the next SE1 social is meeting 6:30pm onwards at the Elephant & Castle pub this Thursday evening, 28 July.
All SE1 posters & lurkers very welcome. Jamie, the bar manager, has booked us the raised seated area at the back right hand side.
Thursday 28 July 2016 6.40pm
Are you there yet?
Friday 29 July 2016 8.17am
Big thank you to Juanita for organising the SE1 social last night. Good turn out. There's a new temporary food stall in the garden... another 2-3 weeks before their own kitchen opens. And I'm told there will also be a basement area opening... with capacity over 100... more info when we find out.
Friday 29 July 2016 12.35pm
Great to see everyone...but the NOISE!! Oh my goodness.
Sunday 31 July 2016 7.26pm
Walked in and back out again!! Too loud for me
Wednesday 3 August 2016 1.11pm
I like this place - but indeed it can get loud

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: