Plumbers

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
GC
Tuesday 26 July 2016 1.56pm
Can anyone recommend a GOOD plumber who doesn't charge 90 + to come out and tell me what I already know and then say they will have to come back & do the work another day, at another exorbitant price? I really don't mind paying the right rate for the job but as you can tell, I've had my fingers burnt on more than one occasion.
Wednesday 27 July 2016 8.51am
I've had a very good recent experience with 'SW8 Heating and Plumbing' when they fitted a new boiler for me last week. Alex is actually based in Rotherhithe. I found him and Alan who he works with to be very professional and considerate. Their website is: http://sw8handp.squarespace.com/
Thursday 6 October 2016 2.12pm
I would like to recommend Wayne who has just fitted my bathroom. Apart from being an absolute gentleman, he is a very professional and considerate. He listens to what you require and goes above and beyond to do a good job. I am really pleased with the finished result and will be using him again for my kitchen. Telephone: 07883 343408.
Wednesday 26 October 2016 9.55am
Really disappointing experience with SW8... I read their website, they sounded great. The contact number was a mobile so I dropped them a text figuring that was easier for them if they had their head under a sink. No reply.
Tried to ring 24 hours later. The person who picked up the phone barked at me to wait (presumably to finish a conversation with someone else) - that was OK. I then explained that I'd like some help with some plumbing and just got 'oh sorry; this isn't a good time for us'.

Well, whatever buddy. Thanks for the non-help. Really poor service on the phone and no response at all to text. Never got to experience their work but they certainly don't live up to their website or the recommendations on here.

On to try another of the recommended people on here (what would we do without this board)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: