Bricklayers Arms Roundabout

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 30 July 2016 2.59pm
It seems only a short while ago since this roundabout had a makeover and, goodness, what a mess and what a failure: the small greens created in order to plant that the trees are extended rubbish bins and the whole place is a sad as it has always been. The middle bit is still unused. Most disturbing is the litter everywhere. The council needs to include the roundabout in their plans to regenerate Tower Bridge Road and the Old Kent Road.
Saturday 30 July 2016 4.54pm
I was thinking the same yesterday as I walked to tower bridge road. The amount of rubbish and weeds , it looks like it's never been touched since planting . The trees are looking sad as well, they need regular watering to let them establish.
Also the traffic on the roundabout at times is a nightmare , once the roundabout is blocked no traffic can feed on or off, creating long tail backs on the feed on roads.
Saturday 30 July 2016 10.03pm
In regards to Old Kent Road area regeneration scheme - if you haven't already seen this - there is 'draft' information here, with mention of Bricklayers Arms roundabout. (e.g. p61) From what I can work out from this document there are plans for reconfiguring roundabout/junction with possible 'tall' building.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: