Good news about Beehive..

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Saturday 30 July 2016 9.00pm
In bartholomew street. Will be re-opening 26th August. Locally sourced beers. Two young aspiring publicans are developing the pub into an old fashioned proper pub. Young man spoke to my daughter this afternoon telling all the people in the road about their proposed plans. My daughter said Matt was a charming young man. The new name will be Spit And Sawdust....the website is <spitandsawdust.pub>

Hope it takes off for them .
Saturday 30 July 2016 11.44pm
Jan the old one wrote:
In bartholomew street. Will be re-opening 26th August. Locally sourced beers. Two young aspiring publicans are developing the pub into an old fashioned proper pub. Young man spoke to my daughter this afternoon telling all the people in the road about their proposed plans. My daughter said Matt was a charming young man. The new name will be Spit And Sawdust....the website is <spitandsawdust.pub>
Hope it takes off for them .

Sounds right up my strasse, Jan, I would have flashed my Freedom Pass on a 188 from Jamaica Road to the Brick, but no matter what I tried that website was on the missing list.
I don't care where they source their beers from, as long as they have top shelf vodka, beers are for Labour voters, we black cab drivers have more discerning tastes.
The only spit and sawdust I turned up was in Woburn Place WC1
Sunday 31 July 2016 7.04am
Tom I managed to get on it, on the card the site address was capitals I noticed....WWW.SPITANDSAWDUST.PUB that's the one on business card. I managed to get on it using lower case though am sure , will try again when my brains got into gear.
Sunday 31 July 2016 11.21am
Jan the old one wrote:
Tom I managed to get on it, on the card the site address was capitals I noticed....WWW.SPITANDSAWDUST.PUB that's the one on business card. I managed to get on it using lower case though am sure , will try again when my brains got into gear.

Got it now Jan, I was putting .com instead of .pub, doh!
I'll come dressed as a black cab driver so you can recognise me, Armani suit, Turnbull & Asser shirt, Prada silk tie, and the pièce de résistance, a green badge inscribed London Cab Driver, with five numerals across it, mine starts with 2 and ends with 2.
Can't reveal more, as I was supposed to hand it back to the Public Carrige Office when I retired, but I told them I'd lost it.
Sunday 31 July 2016 1.06pm
Your spoiling my illusion of cabbies Tom ...in my working life I could spot the sound of a taxi that was in East End from the brick I took soo many. Most conversation now days would revolve about Uber instead of...'the games long gong'...or giving it up no money in it today...only do it so I can play golf..bottoms dropped out of the game...and as for Armani suits? Nash...only afford Primark mate!
Monday 1 August 2016 3.35am
I was just kidding around Jan, going with the misconception that a lot of Londoners have, that black cab drivers are as rich as Croeusus.
They're not, but no matter how bad it ever got, it certainly didn't get so bad that I had to consider going to Primark for clothes.
I managed to retain some dignity.
Monday 1 August 2016 6.34am
Lol Tom ..Primark is the reason for extra places needed in landfill! Too cheap, necessary when you have young family, but still can't understand the throwaway mindset of today!
Monday 1 August 2016 9.48am
Jan the old one wrote:
Lol Tom ..Primark is the reason for extra places needed in landfill! Too cheap, necessary when you have young family, but still can't understand the throwaway mindset of today!

I remember stopping at the lights at Park St. and Oxford St., where Primark is.
I had two women from out of town in the back, going to Marylebone station, they were looking at the people sitting on the wide window ledge outside the store, with all their Primark bags.
One woman said, "That looks a popular place, what is it like?"
I replied truthfully, "I don't know, I've never been in there."
She said, "Does your wife go in there?"
I said, "My wife's attitude is, I didn't marry a black cab driver so I could buy my clothes in Primark!"
Monday 1 August 2016 1.30pm
If I could interrupt the anecdotes and get back to the subject...

Nice to see a pub being revived, not knocked down or converted into flats. Hopeful that they will have a better beer offering than the recently opened Antic creation at E&C. Yes I confess I am a bit of a beer snob, and was disappointed with the scope of draft beers at the E&C, as well as the 'trying too hard to be quirky' decor, and over amplified music, something I have never enjoyed about some pubs. It would be good to be able to enjoy a decent drink without the need to conduct a conversation with someone sitting right next to me at shouty volume!
Tuesday 2 August 2016 2.29pm
Thanks for the link - good to see another pub reopening... I noticed you can sign up for 20% off during the opening weekend (9-11 Sept)
Have to admit I'm a fan of the new Antic - E&C pub - but I do agree that the music isn't conducive to conversation - prob just as well - after a few glasses of wine I suspect I talk nonsense!
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: