New 21 storey development at 25 Lavington Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 1 August 2016 12.11pm
Planning permission has been sought to redevelop the Lloyds Bank site into, amongst other things, 171 apartments in three residential buildings at 8,13 and 21 storeys!

The application is 16/AP/2668 and can be accessed on planbuild.southwark.gov.uk and is open for comments until 14 August 2016.

I would suggest that this development is out of keeping with the rest of the area bounded by great suffolk street, southwark street and borough high street, where the building size is much lower and rarely exceeding 6 storeys.

Please make your presence felt and comment now

Related news & features

Monday 1 August 2016 1.28pm
I think it's hilariously stupid and no doubt the Premier Inn and the Student Accommodation will object strenuously. Have you read the Light impact statement? Essentially they're saying that because there are some rooms in each building that get virtually no sunlight, it should therefore be fine if none of the rooms in Premier Inn and student accommodation get any sunlight. Also, students are out for a lot of the day and somewhat transient, therefore they don't need sunlight. I'd be surprised if this application is not shot down pretty quickly.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: