Anyone agree with the coffee recommendations for Southwark ?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 2 August 2016 4.09pm
Tuesday 2 August 2016 8.02pm
For espresso, I can recommend Barista & Baker at the north eastern end of London Road.

They use illy coffee, and the baristas are illy trained.

Can't speak for the milky varieties (cappuccino, caffellatte, etc.) as I don't drink them and anyway they are only to be had for breakfast.

They serve good pastries too.
Wednesday 3 August 2016 7.38am
Someone recommended Ev. The coffee isn't anything special, but you are able to sit there in a leisurely manner without being hounded out to make room for more customers.
Wednesday 3 August 2016 9.29am
I agree with the Gentlemen Baristas recommendation.

There are many places where they do decent coffee like outside Terry's Cafe and The Libertines across the road in Great Suffolk Street. The coffee in El Vergel around the corner is pretty decent too if you are lucky to find the place open (they no longer open on Sundays, forget about Bank Holidays, etc.)!

How about the new Mercato Metropolitano? Do they make coffee there?
Wednesday 3 August 2016 7.28pm
Four Corners in Lower Marsh does the best coffee i've had in SE1 and it also does really good cakes, etc. Gentlemen Baristas is also pretty good.
Thursday 4 August 2016 7.30am
fuckoffee, bermondsey street, early, before the hipsters and people with prams make it unacceptable ...
Thursday 4 August 2016 1.44pm
Yes Jules Barista Baker looks good. Passed it on bus etc. Will try one day. Garden too I believe. Other one locally is Coco di Mama. Southwark Street. Bankside near M n S. Very friendly staff and generous with their loyalty card I found anyway. But they are only open. 7am. to. 5pm. Mon to Fri
Thursday 4 August 2016 1.46pm
Yes Jules Barista Baker looks good. Passed it on bus etc. Will try one day. Garden too I believe. Other one locally is Coco di Mama. Southwark Street. Bankside near M n S. Very friendly staff and generous with their loyalty card I found anyway. But they are only open. 7am. to. 5pm. Mon to Fri. Space bit tight though cosy or take away

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: