Cardboard boxes for moving house

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 3 August 2016 12.59pm

Does anyone have any tips of helpful places to pick up free and sturdy cardboard boxes for moving house in the Borough/London Bridge/Southwark tube area, please?

I plan to approach the various supermarkets in the area, but if anyone has had any good experiences of anywhere else with boxes to give away, do leave comment.

Thanks in advance!
Wednesday 3 August 2016 1.06pm
I'm looking for some too. Let me know if you were successful and where
Wednesday 3 August 2016 1.37pm
Try Freecycle?
Wednesday 3 August 2016 2.52pm
Last year, I could not find any box on freecycle when I needed to send some stuff back home and finally I had to buy them. Local business Rocket Van, near East Street market sell them, they were not so expensive (well depends on how many you need). They have a shop there where you can see the selection they have but they also deliver for free I think.
Sunday 7 August 2016 11.39pm
If you know anyone who works at the hospitals then ask them. So much medical stuff gets delivered in large sturdy boxes!
Tuesday 9 August 2016 6.48pm
Here's a tip from inside the industry:
Hunnex boxes, just south of Burgess park in Parkhouse Street.
Tell them Graham from Bigvan sent you.
I was there earlier today, got a load of strong boxes that seal easily, and can be stacked to save space in the van - it's probably worth investing in a couple of rolls of sticky tape too.
If you value your stuff protect it - supermarket biscuit boxes filled with books can tear open, and can be too heavy to lift and carry.
Sheila at Hunnex has years of experience, and is very helpful.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: