Blackfriars Road Post Office

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Zoe
Thursday 4 August 2016 10.13pm
It's ridiculous to close it, it's really well used. I suspect they want to sell the site.

I wonder what we can do to try to save it?
Friday 5 August 2016 9.29am
I have witnessed the removal of a sub-PO from The Cut and the main PO from the corner of Waterloo Road and Stamford Street resulting in quite a distance between Blackfriars Road and Westminster Bridge Road POs.
The service at WBR is far superior to BR.

BUT for letters and packages and most items, one would send through the Post Office I now use The Mailbox on Lower Marsh (next door to the defunct Radio Days). Extremely good service, no queues and most ordinary services that you require at the same cost as Royal Mail. They also operate courier services too.
Try them, especially if you want to sell on Ebay.
Friday 5 August 2016 6.02pm
Thebunhouse wrote:
I have witnessed the removal of a sub-PO from The Cut and the main PO from the corner of Waterloo Road and Stamford Street resulting in quite a distance between Blackfriars Road and Westminster Bridge Road POs.
The service at WBR is far superior to BR.

BUT for letters and packages and most items, one would send through the Post Office I now use The Mailbox on Lower Marsh (next door to the defunct Radio Days). Extremely good service, no queues and most ordinary services that you require at the same cost as Royal Mail. They also operate courier services too.
Try them, especially if you want to sell on Ebay.

When selling on Ebay, using courier services rather than the PO is considerably cheaper than as well. I always found the staff at BR PO very friendly, as opposed to other PO's I use regularly e.g. London Bridge or Mount Pleasant.
Friday 5 August 2016 10.21pm
There's one post mistress in the SBR sub post office who's a nightmare. I say "I want second class please" she says "first class?" I say "no, all second class " but she goes through each parcel asking "first class? You want it to get there tomorrow" And I say "no, second class". And so it goes on. Every blooming time. :-(
Saturday 6 August 2016 2.33pm
My understanding is its not closing but possibly being reorganized as WBR was... no final decision reached yet?

Cotswolds 12
Monday 8 August 2016 9.24am
Why are they trying shut another heavily used Post Office?
I'm a local resident and I use it all the time, my friends who have local businesses and shops also use it for a variety of reasons.
Can we start a campaign to raise awareness and highlight the problem? I don't want a coffee when I go to the PO, I just want more counters open and more self help machines.
Friday 24 November 2017 12.20pm
Update: http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/9458

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 24 November 2017 2.29pm
If it opens on Saturday it will be a plus
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network