Spot The Builder, Keepmoat

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 3 August 2016 8.43pm
Well as Keepmoat have now embarked on our doors yet again on our estate with all the scaffold up around our blocks, I have a new game called, spot the builder. Since its been up coming up to 4th week no builders have been doing anything on it, they are supposed to be putting new windows in but assume they must be short staffed since only seen about two of them walk up and down whaling at each other and chucking things about. Our new scaffold security is great since its not alarmed either. They say they have found asbestos on the buildings now and are currently doing a little piece per day and considering there are three blocks adjoined with 100 windows at back and another 100 at front I do hope their 8 weeks for scaffold is a promise and that we dont end up with it up longer. It feels just like a bird in a cage with all the blue stuff up surrounding our blocks and they have put this mettle wiring against our balcony as well, we cant see out of our balcony and its very dark now and being able o see the communal garden now is impossible. A resident told me that the keepmoat charge the councils for having up the scaffold each day, is this true? As if so they will hang it out longer then.
Wednesday 3 August 2016 9.32pm
Here's some of The Draper House story
Thursday 4 August 2016 2.47pm
oh boy, is this typical.

our blocks are very, very old and to my knowledge have had more than a baker's dozen of 'asbestos' surveys this and last century, yet every time there are 'major' works ... bingo! they find asbestos. who missed it before?

best thing keepmoat like doing is working anytime but summer - they'll be back from their holidays once the temperatures drop to make you nice and cosy (not).
Friday 5 August 2016 10.30am
We have had scaffolding up since December last year, it was supposedly being taken down May 2016, nothing has been happening at all since, no workers, no scaffolders, its a disgrace, but of course Keep Moat will not answer me or even discuss by email, all they say is they dont know. Awful when Southwark council is being charged so much a month, seems they dont care either, they certainly must have some money to burn. The electricians were a disgrace too, no warning at all what would happen, even though i have someone disabled living here, they thought acceptable not to tell us the extent of the mess that they would make, and also wrecked my new kitchen, by throwing out all my new sockets, saying they were not the right height. But they were fitted by a electrician who knows the rules. Seems they are all Brazilian and do things to Brazilian standard :(
Totally and truly disgusted with Keep Moat and Southwark council.
Saturday 6 August 2016 9.29pm
They messed up our electrics last year, we had to have another complete day for someone to come back and put it all right, but I only got this as I complained about their shoddy works, some round here still have not had repairs done from their internal electrical works last year. I just hope the scaffold is not up for a long period, we cant see nothing over our balcony, we been told 8 weeks, but we are 3 blocks adjoined. Our communal garden now looks like a works yard. They come in the morning for a couple of hours doing the asbestos with a machine and go and we see no one for the rest of the day. When its raining they run off, when its sunny we see no one. The quicker they do it all the quicker the scaffold will come down and we will have our balcony back. They also built these wooden stairs going up each level connected to the scaffold to the flats so the builders can carry the windows panels up and down the stairs. These stairs they built are huge as well. Its not alarmed and they placed these loose cage like things around our balconies. I was so glad to see the back of keepmoat last year and when heard they were to return this year I was horrified really. I understand that people want new windows but please southwark use a better company. I read they have another five year contract with southwark so guess they will hang it out then.
Saturday 6 August 2016 9.32pm
adlersparker wrote:
We have had scaffolding up since December last year, it was supposedly being taken down May 2016, nothing has been happening at all since, no workers, no scaffolders, its a disgrace, but of course Keep Moat will not answer me or even discuss by email, all they say is they dont know. Awful when Southwark council is being charged so much a month, seems they dont care either, they certainly must have some money to burn. The electricians were a disgrace too, no warning at all what would happen, even though i have someone disabled living here, they thought acceptable not to tell us the extent of the mess that they would make, and also wrecked my new kitchen, by throwing out all my new sockets, saying they were not the right height. But they were fitted by a electrician who knows the rules. Seems they are all Brazilian and do things to Brazilian standard :(
Totally and truly disgusted with Keep Moat and Southwark council.

What estate are you on? I am at Keetons...
Saturday 6 August 2016 9.45pm
I managed to convert my pic into a link so can post here, let me know if it works or not, whether you can see it or not.
file:///C:/Users/New%20User/Downloads/our_cage.webp
Saturday 6 August 2016 10.56pm
Ladywriter1968 wrote:
I managed to convert my pic into a link so can post here, let me know if it works or not, whether you can see it or not.
file:///C:/Users/New%20User/Downloads/our_cage.webp

To post images here, you must first upload them to an imagehost, then post the url of the picture here.

This is an example I made uploading to imgsafe:

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: