Noise (helicopters along the Thames etc)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 8 August 2016 10.13am
Apparently Sadiq is worried about helicopter noise on the Thames:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/8849

Not surprising, as he works on the top floor of a building on the Thames!

IMHO, he'd be better off trying to do something about the noise from Pleasure Craft - musical fog-horns & late night fireworks, anyone?
Monday 8 August 2016 10.34am
Ooooh good - can I add some to your list? Pedibuses - why do the riders (or are they passengers) have to scream at regular intervals during their trip I wonder? Out of hours deliveries to local businesses, which often start as early as 3am and don't stop before 10.30 / 11.30pm. This is allowed where I live because Southwark Council saw fit to allow 24 hour access for services, regardless of the misery local residents have to ensure from the almost constant noise. The attitude of most of the tenants is 'we're allowed to, so we will'. Rail screech - surely in this day and age there must be a way to eliminate this? That's it from me. I feel better already!
Monday 8 August 2016 11.56am
I don't mind the helicopters so long as they are going somewhere - it's when they repeatedly circle that it becomes a pain.

Like the OP, I can't believe how some of the pleasure boats are allowed to get away with the noise they make. It's like driving a nightclub, with all its windows and doors open, up and down a residential street. I live on the river and in the summer I am repeatedly woken after midnight by really, really loud music just 50 feet or so from my window.

The worst are the boats that have karaoke or live bands. I don't know which is worse at 1am - listening to a Hen party's drunken rendition of "I will Survive" or hearing explicitly offensive lyrics being shouted down a microphone by a rapper.

Does anyone know if there are any noise regulations for such boats?
Wednesday 10 August 2016 7.47pm
We are always getting those flying above us most days and nights.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network