New London Bridge entrance at St Thomas Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Tuesday 9 August 2016 3.27pm
Does anyone know just how far down St Thomas Street the new entrance and shops will go?

I walk past it everyday and can't quite tell what they're doing, or if that walkway is included in the opening at the end of the month. I am guessing it'll be shops etc from the end of Bermondsey Street up towards an entrance near The Shard?

Do we have any information on what shops are going in the concourse? Seems a bit strange that they're opening half of the concourse in just a few weeks without any information on the retail spaces. I really don't think we need another Pret in the area.
Tuesday 9 August 2016 4.17pm
I think the new entrance is about opposite Weston Street.

I can imagine that the shops may not be open straight away - they will need some fitting out
Tuesday 9 August 2016 10.32pm
I miss the old Weston Street tunnel. I'd love it if they brought back a pedestrian way through to Tooley Street from St. Thomas Street even when the station's closed, but I doubt very much that it'll happen.
Tuesday 9 August 2016 10.44pm
From an article I wrote in 2011:
Quote:
Stainer Street will be retained as a separate entity but will become a pedestrian-only route. It will remain open 24 hours a day, even when the station is closed.

- I assume that is still to be the case.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Zoe
Tuesday 9 August 2016 11.17pm
Am surprisingly happy about that, I have found the inability to get around that bit of London Bridge rather annoying!
Tuesday 9 August 2016 11.42pm
Thanks, James. I feel the same way, Zoe. When the station's closed it does feel a bit like a giant wall.
Wednesday 10 August 2016 11.50am
There will be a branch of Leon at the station:
http://www.bighospitality.co.uk/Business/Leon-secures-19m-funding-towards-expansion

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 10 August 2016 3.02pm
Can you still go from railway at London Bridge into guys hospital?
Wednesday 10 August 2016 4.42pm
Jan the old one wrote:
Can you still go from railway at London Bridge into guys hospital?

There's no footbridge anymore but there's an escalator down the side of the Shard and a pedestrian crossing.
Wednesday 10 August 2016 7.00pm
Is the whole of st Thomas steet going to be open ?
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: