Loudspeaker music, E&C tube

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Tuesday 16 August 2016 12.45am
Hi all,

Since the weather got warmer, there have been groups of people on the new square outside E&C tube playing music REALLY loudly at night.

They have some kind of portable loudspeaker set-up, and they dance and yell. It's 1.40am on a Monday night and they're still there. It can be heard clearly inside surrounding buildings several floors up.

I called 101 an hour ago but officers haven't arrived yet. Also informed the Council's Noise service, and they sent someone down, who told me, entirely reasonably, that they would not be able to engage directly as it's a large group and could be dangerous.

Can Southwark council do anything pre-emptive? My concern is that it will become a regular occurrence if something isn't done early.

It's an offence to use a loudspeaker in the street after certain hours, and what they're doing is just incredibly anti-social. Anyone else experienced it?
Tuesday 16 August 2016 12.53pm
Not related to amplified music but I have noticed more street drinkers both in the "square" and clustered outside the Coronet, newsagent & dentist... Anti-social behaviour not necessarily because of the drinking but the amount of litter (empty cans, bottles and take-out containers) and also streams of urine running across the pavement. I don't remember it being a problem at this level before (is it too related to the change in traffic layout?).... Anyone got any idea of what could be done to address this? There was an article in TimeOut in Nov2015 which includes a map of areas in London where alcohol can be confiscated and includes the E&C...
http://www.timeout.com/london/blog/this-map-shows-all-the-places-where-drinking-in-public-is-banned-in-london-112715
Tuesday 16 August 2016 2.23pm
Also the rise in religious zealots with loudspeaker units diring the early evening. We often hear about the police being the in area because of problems at the tube, why can't they also prevent these people while they're around?
Tuesday 16 August 2016 5.04pm
People peeing has always been a problem at E&C.
It stinks, by the side of Bakerloo Line entrance, by the market, by Peronnet house, any dark little recess is used as toilet. Wherever you see bins, you can be sure guys pee. I don't know why the male mind equates bins with toilets...
Why don't they install urinals like in Soho? Free, safe and clean toilets would really be a nice addition to the plaza...Let's dream.
Zoe
Tuesday 16 August 2016 8.17pm
Pardine, I have found that these things can be really hard to solve as they bounce between the council and the police. I would email your local councillors and ask for assistance, so it can be picked up quickly.
Tuesday 16 August 2016 9.33pm
Thanks, Zoe! That actually hadn't occurred to me. I'll email my councillor tomorrow.

The people are on the square with the loudspeaker again tonight, so I've just called the police...
Friday 26 August 2016 9.53pm
On a slightly different note. Can anyone please advise what i can do about the hell i am subjected to every few days from the Coronet 'revellers' blasting out thumping music from cars both before and after visiting the Coronet. Starts around 12.30 am until 2.00 am, and repeated around 4.30 - 5.30 am, most weekends. Rockingham street and Meadow Row are littered with cars parked on the pavement and on double yellow lines with utter total disregard. I have been to various meetings with councillors, Southwark parking, and other interested bodies to try and do something, but all to no avail. I have seen the police drive by and ignore all of this. It appears they do not want to tackle this. Isn't this the job of the police? I have lost so many weekend since moving into the area two years ago. I am now starting to feel terrorised in my own home.

When i had the temerity to ask the driver of a car that was parked under my window on the pavement to please turn down the music (it was 2 a.m.), i received a tirade of verbal abuse.

Should write to the MP?

Any suggestions gratefully received.
Friday 26 August 2016 10.24pm
Last few days Waterloo. Blackfriars area to add to all the wonderful vibrancy!!! Now enjoined with a busker jazz type saxophone chariots and car horns apparently. as has been mentioned previously answer is between environment council police asb noise pollution councillors MPs etc xxxxxxxxxxx
Friday 26 August 2016 10.25pm
Last few days Waterloo. Blackfriars area to add to all the wonderful vibrancy!!! Now enjoined with a busker jazz type saxophone chariots and car horns apparently. as has been mentioned previously answer is between environment council police asb noise pollution councillors MPs etc. Same message. No kisses
Saturday 27 August 2016 11.57am
One suggestion is to throw handfuls of nails down...I was woken again by voices yelling at each other, ordinary conversation why some races feel the need to shout so loud is beyond me. The sounded like South American , that was at 12.55am they left their cars and tootled off somewhere. Returning in the morning. Tonight I am going to squirt jammy water over the windscreens, seeing throwing nails in the road may kill someone...
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: