Shad Thames residents' community

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 16 August 2016 8.12pm
Hello, I live in the Circle, Shad Thames. A part from this forum (which is fab, btw) I am struggling to connect with my direct/closest neighbours. I can't find any local store, or even any residential reception with advertising boards. I am willing to meet new parents to be, for example, and even make some friendships but it seems impossible to just communicate within this community. I have, therefore, created a Fbk group so if you feel the same way than me, you are welcome to join the group and start sharing with us :) Thanks
Tuesday 16 August 2016 9.32pm
Hi Cristina, welcome to Shad Thames! While they're not social clubs, it's worth following the Shad Thames Residents Association ( and STAMP ( to find out the goings on in the community. STAMP organises various events, including guided walks and stakeholder meetings, throughout the year.

Hope that helps! :)
Tuesday 16 August 2016 10.21pm
Awesome, thanks for the info, I will definitely check those 2 websites up :) I've been living in Shad Thames for years now but I've never heard about those 2 associations, so many many thanks, really appreciate your help!!!
Wednesday 17 August 2016 6.31pm
hi there, I dont live by that part but I do go to the gym at The Circle so will look you up on FB...
Wednesday 17 August 2016 9.38pm
Great! Thanks a lot!!!
Thursday 18 August 2016 4.55pm
Have joined your group - I also live in The Circle

I thought The Circle Store had a noticeboard just inside the door? Perhaps that's not for public use though.
Friday 19 August 2016 12.04pm
Hi Shad Thames neighbours

STRA and STAMP ( ) both have newsletters and Twitter accounts that you can sign up to, if you'd like to keep up to date. But it's great that you've started a Facebook page as well.

Regarding notice boards - The Circle store seem to have removed their board when they refurbished. But usually information about what's happening in the area finds it way to notice boards in residential buildings (including The Circle) and also in the windows of local shops on Shad Thames likes Hide All.

Another useful organisation nearby is Team London Bridge and their related website www.atlondonbridge, also the newsletter for Potters Fields Park.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: