Born and Bred!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 17 August 2016 11.08pm
Just want to share..... I was born in the double bedroom at 9 Pattison House, Redcross Way in February 1955. I'm getting older now, and moved to Devon, but I still think of my times there. What a great place it was to grow up. Excellent!
Sunday 21 August 2016 2.33pm
I was born in SE1 too; Lambeth Hospital in Brook Drive. It has since long gone! I believe Dexys Midnight Runners filmed the video to 'Come On Eileen' around there?!
Zoe
Sunday 21 August 2016 5.14pm
They did, I love watching that video and seeing Brook Drive in the 80's!
Sunday 21 August 2016 6.11pm
Blimey! I remember going to a local church hall with all my friends when I was about 9 and peering through a crack in the window to see Dave Clark Five recording or rehearsing "Bits n'Pieces! I also remember walking past Babbington House, the block oppsite ours, to get to the local swings and climbing over what seemed like an ernormous fence cos it was closed! I went to Charles Dickens Primary School. Lovely memories.
Monday 22 August 2016 6.50pm
St.stephens that was Yvonne ..I I remember that we lived nearby. H was quite a large post on here some time ago. A lady called Ann Kirkman was the daughter of the Vicar they lived in the Vicarage...my children went to Charles Dickens school...the headmistress was Miss Robertson or Robinson...great school....I remember Mr Clark.. Mr Ian Dorking Clark....great teacher he is on Facebook if any pupils want to chat to him...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network