All night tube

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Saturday 20 August 2016 11.35pm
I don't recall anyone asking residents near bars and tube stations their views but like superhighway just plough ahead and do want they want

There is enough asb in London already. Do we really need to add to residents misery and giving police and staff extra headaches by the running of this overnight service

Some people want to sleep!!! Goodnight
Sunday 21 August 2016 11.12am
I think you call it research and keeping up with the times.
Sunday 21 August 2016 12.49pm
I personally would like to see the night service extended across the whole network.

They do it in other cities (ie: New York), so why should our capital be any less user friendly?
Sunday 21 August 2016 2.52pm
Jules62 wrote:
I personally would like to see the night service extended across the whole network.
They do it in other cities (ie: New York), so why should our capital be any less user friendly?

Exactly. This should only be the beginning. People can decide for themselves they sleep.
Sunday 21 August 2016 6.34pm
victoria and central lines must have been busy last two nights - kept the drunks away from tooley street as noticeably quieter ... and cleaner.
Monday 22 August 2016 11.51am
Interesting. Cannot really assess until all lines fully operational of course
Monday 22 August 2016 1.06pm
There really are some miserable people about! It's pretty obvious that there's been overwhelming support for an all night tube for many years now, and all the research suggests that it will have a positive impact on London's economy.

If you don't want to use it, then don't! I personally like the option and feel it is a safer (and much) faster alternative than taking a night bus. I remember trying to take a night bus from Oxford Street last year - it took so long to get off the street due to the traffic and this was in the middle of the night!
Monday 22 August 2016 2.11pm
Un general I prefer buses any day or night over tubes. Don't like underground anyway... Haven't used one for years but concerned re asb etc
Monday 22 August 2016 3.02pm
Don't forget that for people who work at night as a matter of course this will be a good thing.
Friday 26 August 2016 2.07pm
Over 100,000 journeys were made on Night tube over the first 2 nights, without any incidents, bar the usual vomit etc, and there were no arrests.

There are an extra 100 Police Officers on patrol for Night tube alone.

I think it's been a success so far, but it's still early days.

It's just a nuisance it won't be extended to the Bank Branch of the Northern line when it goes fully operational.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: