Early morning noise Two Fifty One building

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 24 August 2016 8.33am
Every morning I am awakened by the clanking noise emanating from the construction works at the Two Fifty One building in Newington Causeway (although I live quite a few streets away in St George's Road). Aren't they supposed to be allowed to make noise from 8am? Or is that only applicable to machinery?
Wednesday 24 August 2016 5.35pm
Hi Connie, when they put the building up opposite 251 they also started before 8am - I think builders will generally push the boundaries to get the job done quicker if no one complains. I did put in a call to the noise team in Southwark and they ending up serving a notice on them as they were breaking this rule often so my advice is to do the same.
Thursday 25 August 2016 11.28am
thanks for your advice, I sent them a quick email.
Friday 26 August 2016 9.07am
Didn't hear a thing this morning...Result!
Monday 5 September 2016 7.57am
Hello Connie,

I have experienced similar issues in Shad Thames by works being done by Area Sq and others at the same site.
Other than one particular occasion when the administrators messed up, the Council noise team have been very good at dealing with the inconsiderate builders. I asked an Enforcement Officer a similar question to yours regarding what nose is considered a breach, the answer is ANY noise is a breach and can result in prosecution.
It also appears that the Considerate Constructors Scheme (CCS) isn't worth the paper that the often abundant poster are printed on.

Good luck!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: