Shellen are now doing our door replacements

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 25 August 2016 6.28pm
After keepmoat finished putting in all new windows on our blocks, the residents in houses opposite have their new doors fitted already after they had their windows done, our block now has to wait later in the year as the contract has now changed from keepmoat to Shellen. We were told August they were to be fitted but now been told they wont start until November onwards, so could be looking at new year before we get the new security doors now. They first told us they was not sure if they were even to get the contract but now have.
Zoe
Thursday 25 August 2016 7.46pm
At least it's not Keepmoat.
Thursday 25 August 2016 8.30pm
My brother has had scaffolding all around his house since February, for what was promised to be a six week job.The builders and scaffold are still there. He's paid a small fortune for his loft conversion, has been insulted by the family run company workers many times, and has now sent them packing, preferring to finish the job himself. We may discover that this lot honed their skills with Keepmoat.
Monday 29 August 2016 5.33pm
Don't get what is going on, there are three blocks on my estate, two blocks got scaffold and they painted the outside and done some small repairs. My block did not, but was done 10 years ago........

All the front doors on the estate got changed, however, they did not paint the inside walls which are still outside, if that makes sense, so they are all messed up, they did not paint the balconies, and they did not replace the security main entrance doors which are always breaking down and look like prison doors.

It was nice to get a new front door, don't get me wrong.......

I just don't get the point of the scaffold, nothing major was done, now its been taken down. They did do some works to the roofs.
Monday 29 August 2016 8.42pm
I dont think they know either half the time what is going on, at least our scaffold is down now, the foreman stuck to his word, he said around 8 weeks and it was removed on 7th week. After they completed houses opposite the contracts changed from Keepmoat to Shellen for the doors. Residents at our block have been told they will have to keep chasing after Shellen now to get the doors. Talking of painting, ages ago they painted our landings, well part of it and then said they run out of money to paint the floor, so the walls were painted and floor left. Some blocks are getting new bathrooms and kitchens, but we been informed that our estate has a ten year wait. Since we are not on the list, even though a man came round before and measured up our kitchen and bathroom for new fittings. So why send him round if they already knew we wasnt on the list. I think they choose people at pot luck and leave others out. My Mother in law who does not live that far in a house they are not doing their side with new windows or anything. very strange.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: