The Boatman Pub Closed Down

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 29 August 2016 8.32pm
The Boatman pub in Jamaica Road has closed down now. I would go there to see Mick as was only down the road. Being a lover of music as well... anyone here used to go there???
Tuesday 30 August 2016 9.28am
Oh no not another one , used to go on pub crawl and that was one of my watering holes, The Gregorian then dropped into Boatman used to have good family music twenty years ago...it may be like the Beehive is going to be and re-open as proper pub?
Tuesday 30 August 2016 3.49pm
Been shut a while the owner sold to developers who are planning to build flats
Tuesday 30 August 2016 6.38pm
Jan the old one wrote:
Oh no not another one , used to go on pub crawl and that was one of my watering holes, The Gregorian then dropped into Boatman used to have good family music twenty years ago...it may be like the Beehive is going to be and re-open as proper pub?
Hi Jan, the greg is now a gastro pub and has lost that lively feeling and very expensive, they have no entertainment there no more. yeah and the Boatman closed now.
Tuesday 30 August 2016 6.39pm
dee dee wrote:
I went to go there last Friday to see Mick the pianist and he told me on fb it was closed. its a shame was only down road from me. Now he plays further away. oh well...more flats round here. Just be over run with flats soon.
Wednesday 31 August 2016 11.24am
Dee Dee wrote:

My understanding - at least from a planning app a little while ago - is that it is the owners themselves who are seeking to build flats there, rather than having sold it to developers. Of course that may well have changed. Same with The Stanley Arms down Southwark Park Road - the owners of the pub themselves want to convert it into flats but have so far been unable to secure PP to do so.
Wednesday 31 August 2016 11.28am
Seems odd the owners would shut till they have planning permission and are ready to go ahead as will still be earning money so why close?

What happened to Southwark's pledge not to let any more pubs disappear!!!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network