SE1 - best place to live according to City AM

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 1 September 2016 1.26pm
According to a story in City AM this morning, SE1 has the best quality of life of anywhere.
If you're looking for a better quality of life, look no further than SE1, according to new research, which suggests Bermondsey is the capital's most desirable postcode.
There goes the neighbourhood.
Friday 2 September 2016 6.30pm
I used to live in EC1, am now in SE1 ( far jollier and human). I don't expect to make it to W1 nor SW1 at any time soon, which is just as well as I'd be weeping and wailing about losing my spot in the hottest place in the whole kingdom.
Friday 2 September 2016 7.50pm
SandyPandy wrote:
I used to live in EC1, am now in SE1 ( far jollier and human). I don't expect to make it to W1

W1 is OK to visit to go shopping or for a night out, but I would never want to live there: it is noisy, congested, and has the highest crime rate in London.
Friday 2 September 2016 11.33pm
I like it and we have this forum which is ace
Sunday 4 September 2016 4.23pm
I meant the multi millioned parts of Mayfair, W1., not mixing with the hoi polloi of Oxford Street. I'm looking out for a council exchange but not having any luck.You'd have thought that they'd want to save on not having to employ staff and the nuisance of parking their limo in the underground carpark. They can take over my bike parking space.
Sunday 4 September 2016 6.23pm
I live in Bermondsey SE16. As for best locality for people how can they judge, it depends what the person is seeking, some want to live in town others dont, do they want the quiet secluded area out of the way or an in town area where everything is close by. I can give good and bad examples, When I used to live in Essex it was nice and quiet and very countryside like, but was hard to get to places via public transport, not great without a car but parking was very easy though. Bermondsey is a great locality for getting to places, car not needed, but if you have one be prepared for jamaica road now all blocked up for hours, trains are easy to get anywhere, but they are also overcrowded, it can be noisy around here at times. Plus rental prices are crazy and unless you have a great job you cant afford a flat around here privately.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: