The SE1 website needs your help

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Monday 5 September 2016 10.38am
Dear all

We've run this website for the last 18 years without asking any of our readers/users for a penny.

Earlier this year, I drafted a message announcing that the website would have to close. But we couldn't give up that easily.

If we are to continue into 2017 and beyond, we need your help.

Please have a look at our membership scheme:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/membership/

and support us if you can.

If you've got any questions I'm happy to answer them here, or by email.

James

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 5 September 2016 10.42am
Hi James,

I come to this site at least twice a day, for local breaking news, the forums and the chatter.

When I moved to SE1 10 years ago this site was a lifeline to get to know a completely unfamiliar area of London and I would hate to see this disappear from my life.

Fingers crossed that the membership trial goes well. You've got my support.

Clementina x
Monday 5 September 2016 11.13am
Have signed up, I wish you every success with the scheme - this website is literally *the* go-to place for local news and discussion, there's nothing else that even comes close.
Monday 5 September 2016 11.59am
Happy to sign up and support the excellent work.

If there had been an option, I'd also be happy to have said "Don't bother sending me the newsletter, or at least email it to me and save the postage costs".

Good luck to James and the SE1 team.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 5 September 2016 5.44pm
Only too happy to sign up and I really hope you get the necessary level of take-up as it would be a great loss if the website couldnt continue.

If only some of the businesses featured in the astroturfing hall of shame could be convinced to pay for advertising that would help too ;)

I agree with Ivanhoe, perfectly happy to get newsletters by email and save on the postage.
Monday 5 September 2016 6.09pm
Neil wrote:
Only too happy to sign up and I really hope you get the necessary level of take-up as it would be a great loss if the website couldnt continue.
If only some of the businesses featured in the astroturfing hall of shame could be convinced to pay for advertising that would help too ;)

I agree with Ivanhoe, perfectly happy to get newsletters by email and save on the postage.

Ditto. Signing up as soon as I can sort out the complications of Paypal!
Monday 5 September 2016 8.12pm
I don't come to the website very often but when I do it's almost always been useful. I can't imagine not having London-SE1. I just subscribed. Hopefully others will too. Thanks for years of good work, James

Eric

PS, I certainly don't need anything sent by post. More than happy with email.
Monday 5 September 2016 9.52pm
Count on me.
Monday 5 September 2016 10.44pm
Done: keep up the good work James!

Tuesday 6 September 2016 8.30am
Happy to sign up. Hope the scheme goes well.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: