The SE1 website needs your help

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5
Wednesday 7 September 2016 5.05am
Perhaps you could just have a 'donation' button too - so those of us who are not interested in the newsletter can contribute without getting the 'benefit'.

Thanks for trying to keep this on the road. I'm sure there are many of us who appreciate it (but may not want a newsletter :) )
Wednesday 7 September 2016 11.53am
I'm more than happy to subscribe, James. You do fantastic work supplying us with local news.

Is it possible to do so without a PayPal account, though? Having been a victim of financial fraud, I try to minimise the number of attack surfaces I've got and would rather use a direct debit and not have a PayPal account.
Wednesday 7 September 2016 12.06pm
Yes several people have asked for a direct debit option.

We're planning to set this up with GoCardless but have hit a technical hitch - hopefully we'll have it sorted soon. Watch this space.

Thank you to everyone who's joined up so far - the early response has been very encouraging.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 7 September 2016 5.02pm
For all the help I've had over the years James , all the giggles over member comments...even when there's heated debate. I'll join, Direct Debate I'm afraid or a good old fashioned cheque per annum. I don't do PayPal.
Thursday 8 September 2016 9.51am
Out of interest, how many people do you need to subscribe to make it viable?

Let me know once the direct debit situation is sorted out and you can count me in
Thursday 8 September 2016 2.26pm
And me when you have set up a DD system. SE1 is to good to lose!
Thursday 8 September 2016 8.25pm
just made it through the Paypal maze. Keep going James
Thursday 8 September 2016 10.55pm
Doodle10 wrote:
Perhaps you could just have a 'donation' button too - so those of us who are not interested in the newsletter can contribute without getting the 'benefit'.
Thanks for trying to keep this on the road. I'm sure there are many of us who appreciate it (but may not want a newsletter :) )

Really appreciate the work you do. Have to second Doodle10's suggestion for a debate button - cannot commit to a monthly payment, have to juggle modest income, but happy to donate
Friday 9 September 2016 10.29am
I never know how much is coming in each month so don't want to set up a standing order but would be really happy to make a donation or pay for a 6 month subscription in one go
Friday 9 September 2016 9.14pm
I've just subscribed and more than happy to support this website. Having previously lived in SE1 and recently moved back (after a 3 year absence), this website has been so helpful in getting re-acquainted and a great source of information. Thanks for all your efforts and keep up the great work!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: