Garden Bridge parliamentary debate

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Zoe
Thursday 8 September 2016 6.51pm
I thought Kate Hoey was great, so pleased to see her continuing to fight.

Great coverage from London-SE1 on Twitter, as per usual :-)

Related news & features

Sunday 11 September 2016 4.24pm
Oh Kate, we do need you in Southwark. We'll club together to bribe you to defect.
Zoe
Sunday 11 September 2016 8.48pm
We totally need a like button on posts!
Sunday 11 September 2016 10.07pm
I suspect there are hundreds of relatively new members of the Vauxhall CLP who dont feel quite so warmly towards her! Her politics are not particularly close to mine on a number of issues but I have found her to be very assiduous on behalf of constituents and local causes.

I'm sure James will cover it for us in depth but I wonder whether the boundary commission proposals will involve radical changes to SE1's constituencies and possibly necessitate re-selection battles for one or both of the MPs (if the Corbynistas dont get there first anyway).
Zoe
Monday 12 September 2016 7.53pm
Her politics are not the same as mine either, but I have always felt she was a good local MP and she isn't one of those who toe the party line to get a seat in power, which I can always respect.
Monday 12 September 2016 8.24pm
Absolutely, and I think it's generally a good thing for parties to be fairly broad churches so different views are represented rather than for anyone who doesn't conform to whatever happens to be the orthodoxy today to be hounded out.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: