Vodafone Fibre Broadband

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 8 September 2016 7.00pm
Vodafone's proposition of Fiber Broadband without the necessity of a landline sounds very promising. (I am very resentful about having to pay for a landline, just in order to have internet) The catch, so it seems, is that it isn't available in my area. Is that just because of my part of SE1 (Tower Bridge Road) or others as well?
Friday 9 September 2016 8.06am
That's handy to know Maurits, I 'll tell my daughter she never uses her landline.
Friday 9 September 2016 2.38pm
Seemingly, the only difference between their offering and the likes of BT is that they are subsidising the cost of the line. As such, availability of their fibre is just like any other, which means many people in SE1 will be out of luck due to the prevalence of exchange only lines in the area.

Be careful with the check availability page on vodafone as well; they collect far more personal information than is needed to tell you what services you can get.

My advice is to use this checker: https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If that says you can get fibre (just your telephone number required there) then you can choose any fibre provider you like (including vodafone)
Friday 9 September 2016 2.52pm
kieran wrote:
Seemingly, the only difference between their offering and the likes of BT is that they are subsidising the cost of the line. As such, availability of their fibre is just like any other, which means many people in SE1 will be out of luck due to the prevalence of exchange only lines in the area.
Be careful with the check availability page on vodafone as well; they collect far more personal information than is needed to tell you what services you can get.

My advice is to use this checker: https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If that says you can get fibre (just your telephone number required there) then you can choose any fibre provider you like (including vodafone)

I think you're right, Kieran. Presumably you'd still have a landline, as installed by BT - you simply wouldn't use it for its original purpose of carrying telephone messages. I'm afraid I'm oldfashioned - I can never get on with mobile phones - I find them confusing to use and very unreliable - give me a hardwired telephone every time!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network