Police have done nothing since husbands attack

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Tuesday 13 September 2016 7.05pm
Two months ago my husband was attacked via road rage in street, a guy jumped out of car after nearly knocking us down at the lights, my husband shouted at him, man jumps out his car and attacked my husband to the ground and ran back to car and drove off. There was no police available to come out until the next day to take a statement, so he staggered back home bleeding, next day we went to hospital so they could check his face and eye which was badly swollen, and to top everything, we gave police pictures of injuries, lots of evidence and even car reg number and details of the car and the road where it happened and everything, its been two months now and nothing has been done, all they say is they are working on it, whatever that means. They said they found the details of the guy and description who did it matched exactly to what we said, but they have done nothing. Are our papers just stuck on the side somewhere with lots of other older cases been left. They only reply to our messages but they dont actually get in touch with updates of whats going on. Is it fair that the victims should have to do all the chasing. Just all seems rather useless system and a waste of time. We have practically done half their jobs for them already. Apart from the fact we cant arrest ourselves.

Has anyone else had similar experiences with the police be it negative or positive?
Tuesday 13 September 2016 10.26pm
I had a terrible experience with Southwark police some years ago when I was violently assaulted on my front door step- I won't go onto in the ins and outs of it- but the police let us down -I say us- as he assaulted two other women that night- and was arrested on my ground floor window ledge trying to break in to my flat. The victims had to fight very hard to get him charged.

We had to go to The Police Complaint Commission but got there in the end- so I would suggest that in your case. Its terrible you have to fight to get anything done- I feel for you.

I have since then on different matters- had very good experiences with The Southwark Police.
Sending all good wishes.
Wednesday 14 September 2016 8.07am
That's terrible Ladywriter , but it's not always the Polices fault that charges,arrest,court etc. Go ahead. I know Crown Prosecution Services have to decide whether a charge will stick or not. Whether they are used or not on cases like your husbands I don't know. The phrase Road Rage seems to trivialise Assault by Beating which is what your poor husband endured at the hands of this thug. When they catch up with this vicious bastard let's hope the Police charge him correctly.
Wednesday 14 September 2016 9.22am
We often blame the police for lack of action when really such inaction should be laid at the door of the CPS, who usually have a representative at the Police Station to make the decision whether to prosecute or not.
I believe the overriding criteria are costs and the chances of a successful prosecution. A guilty plea by the offender will be most acceptable because of minimal cost to the judiciary system and is rewarded by a reduction in sentence, normally one-third, and minimal cost to the CPS. Simples.
The cost will affect the investigations and if there is no thorough investigation because of the cost then the chances of a successful prosecution diminish.
If I am correct then the police are going to be , understandably, disheartened and will feel that chasing the case is just time wasting and pointless.
Park it on the backburner
Wednesday 14 September 2016 9.46am
Ladywriter1968 wrote:
Two months ago my husband was attacked via road rage in street, a guy jumped out of car after nearly knocking us down at the lights, my husband shouted at him, man jumps out his car and attacked my husband to the ground and ran back to car and drove off. There was no police available to come out until the next day to take a statement, so he staggered back home bleeding, next day we went to hospital so they could check his face and eye which was badly swollen, and to top everything, we gave police pictures of injuries, lots of evidence and even car reg number and details of the car and the road where it happened and everything, its been two months now and nothing has been done, all they say is they are working on it, whatever that means. They said they found the details of the guy and description who did it matched exactly to what we said, but they have done nothing. Are our papers just stuck on the side somewhere with lots of other older cases been left. They only reply to our messages but they dont actually get in touch with updates of whats going on. Is it fair that the victims should have to do all the chasing. Just all seems rather useless system and a waste of time. We have practically done half their jobs for them already. Apart from the fact we cant arrest ourselves.
Has anyone else had similar experiences with the police be it negative or positive?

It can take a long time for things to "happen"

I am going to court next month as a witness to something that happened over a year ago !!
Thursday 15 September 2016 7.36pm
You are so right Ninja things an take forever. But equally I think sometimes you get an instinct for when things are not quite right.
Friday 16 September 2016 8.30pm
Kory wrote:
You are so right Ninja things an take forever. But equally I think sometimes you get an instinct for when things are not quite right.
Hi Kory, I am so sorry for what happened to you, its disgusting the ladies had to fight to get anything done, and wheres the support on top for the victims,, victims fighting to get justice. The system simply sucks. You can see why a lot of people simply dont bother calling police and take matters into own hands. I actually read online how police at times simply dont even bother to pursue cases at times. with a slow justice system. I just think we have to look out for ourselves in this life now. Dont expect much support or help. Just seems your pretty much on your own as a victim of a crime.
Friday 16 September 2016 8.35pm
Thanks everyone for the further information. anyone else wish to comment or tell their situation story you are welcome to...or the conclusion of result if any...
Friday 16 September 2016 10.19pm
Hi Ladywriter
You know we can do something by speaking up and not letting go like a dog with a bone- that is not what you feel like doing when you are a victim of crime but we have to- report you and your husbands ordeal to TPCC -would be my advice- I know you will know for your self, the best thing to do but we can make changing by speaking up. Nothing bad can come of you reporting it. Sending love x
Saturday 17 September 2016 7.18am
Ladywriter1968, I'm sorry about what happened to your husband. I really am. However, things like that happen all the time - bar fights, tensions between drivers on the road etc. He did assault your husband, but in general those types of accidents are considered small-time street hustle. Therefore, the Police is not willing to allocate much resources on solving such crimes. It's not that your husband's case is not important - all citizen's well-being should be a Police concern. Unfortunately, with all these illegal migrants that have flooded London, they have far more serious crime issues to deal with.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: