Justice system

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 17 September 2016 5.18am
Does anyone know much about our legal system,my son defended his girlfriend hit a bloke who attacked her,my boy got arrested for abh the victims statement is different 3 times but because my son has a past it seems he is guilty whatever he says...I'm starting to feel ashamed of being British.
Saturday 17 September 2016 9.03am
You need legal advice - Victim support will be able to help with who in the area to go to. Sending love.
Monday 19 September 2016 11.20am
Real-Crimes wrote:
I'm starting to feel ashamed of being British.
Don't say that. Criminal background weighs much with judges and jury in all judicial systems worldwide. It has nothing to do with nationality.
Monday 19 September 2016 2.24pm
I assume your son has already been interviewed by the police under caution, in the presence of a (probably duty) solicitor: hopefully this lawyer advised him on how to avoid being drawn in to incriminating himself while at the same time being truthful.

The Jury would not be informed of his past convictions, so that their decision be based only on the facts in the case.

If found guilty, previous convictions are taken into account when the sentence is being decided. There are sentencing guidelines in place which the judge or magistrates would have to abide to.

In any case, take Kory's advice and get a good brief for him: if he has a record it would be money well spent.
Monday 19 September 2016 6.16pm
The legal system sucks, my husband was attacked couple of months ago by a guy, the guy nearly ran us down at the lights, my husband shouted at him, the guy jumped out and attacked my husband, No police showed up, we gave them all the evidence, car reg pics everything, and pics of facial attack, all they say to us is we are processing it, they have not even arrested him yet, a say its been over two months now actually. and they dont even bother to contact us, we have to keep contacting police with updates all the time, what a joke...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: