Veggie Roast

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 24 September 2016 1.22pm
Does anyone know anywhere that does a good vegetarian Sunday roast? Ideally a nut roast rather than the boring squash and goats cheese thing everywhere keeps doing. Must be a roast potato thing though. The nearer to Bermondsey Street the better but not essential. Don't ask much do I?
Saturday 24 September 2016 10.04pm
The goldsmith on Southwark bridge road used to do one. Never found anywhere on Bermondsey Street that did.
Sunday 25 September 2016 7.59pm
The Roebuck on Grt Dover St apparently does a Sunday nut roast. Has anyone tried it?
Sunday 25 September 2016 11.54pm
SophieLondon wrote:
The Roebuck on Grt Dover St apparently does a Sunday nut roast. Has anyone tried it?

That's where we ended up today. It was 'chickpea and nut roast' which resulted in a semi-flalafel thing. Very herby and really nice but served with crap roast potatoes and they were out of yorkshire pudding. Don't do it. I wanna try the Goldsmith on Southwark Bridge Road some time.
Monday 26 September 2016 8.59am
Goldsmiths is going through a change of mgt. Closed for refurb at present, I think.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 26 September 2016 1.17pm
You're correct... It closed on Friday and will be totally refurbished.

Hopefully they will do roasts under the new management, although it will be hard to beat Toi's!
Monday 26 September 2016 1.57pm
The pubs around Camberwell and East Dulwich are better for veg stuff. SE1 pubs and restaurants are generally too meaty, regrettably.
Tuesday 27 September 2016 12.02pm
Suggestions kevin?
Tuesday 27 September 2016 3.42pm
My vegetarian brother in law likes The Woolpack on Bermondsey Street and also The Kings Arms on Tooley St.
Tuesday 27 September 2016 3.48pm
The Sun of Camberwell on coldharbour lane did a good nut roast. The Cambria used do to a good veg sausages and mash with veg on a Sunday but that was two years ago, don't know now. East Dulwich tavern also used to do excellent nut roast but I think they don't do roasts any more. It's coming into winter now so maybe menus will change again.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: