50th birthday party venue.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 26 September 2016 8.41am
Planning to hold a joint 50th in early January. Can anyone recommend a decent pub with function room or restaurant with private dining room which is an easy walk from Waterloo station and can accommodate 40-60 guests and provide canapés or buffet style food?
Wednesday 28 September 2016 11.40am
Hi David

It’s not in SE1, but I recently held my 50th birthday party at the Punch Tavern on Fleet Street. The food was fantastic (and so much of it!) and they couldn’t have been more helpful. We used their back room which had a door out into the alleyway behind for the smokers. I can’t remember the max occupancy, but it might be worth checking them out.

Cheers

Hils
Wednesday 28 September 2016 11.53am
I once attended a birthday party at The George Inn off Borough High Street: it is possible to rent out the whole top floor, and it also has a bar up there.

The venue is good, but the party food on offer was very 'canteeny'. Worth considering if they will let you organize your own catering.
Thursday 29 September 2016 9.10am
Thanks for the responses.
Thursday 29 September 2016 12.54pm
The Roebuck has a really nice function room with bar upstairs. It's SE1 but a fair walk from Waterloo
Friday 30 September 2016 7.59am
Thanks - another one to check out :-)
Friday 30 September 2016 9.30am
the Horse and stables on Westminster Bridge road has a function room or did a while ago that is close to Waterloo as well

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: