St Mary's Churchyard redevelopment...2nd time

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 26 September 2016 3.27pm
I tried searching but around "X" amount of years ago I posted a thread complaining about how Southwark Council had declared with a lot of fanfare that some top London architects had been chosen to redevelop St Marys churchyard.....the result was mainly a lot of large concrete balls in the middle of the park. I would like to know how many 10's of thousands that one cost us as it was never revealed.

And now....not that much longer, the whole thing is being redone again. This is an atrocious use of peoples money and the same flippant attitude to spending that was used to redesign the Southwark logo.
Monday 26 September 2016 3.42pm
The 2008 scheme had a 1.35 million grant from the London Development Agency.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 26 September 2016 3.57pm
Jesus, someone definitely cooked the books on that one.
Tuesday 27 September 2016 3.41am
I didn't mind the last redevelopment, what I did mind was that it once done, it was never maintained properly.
Tuesday 27 September 2016 8.44am
Now that they are redeveloping the adjacent site (ex London hotel), the park will sadly be plunged into darkness once again. Seems like it could so with some love and colour and getting rid of these ugly concrete balls, that's the last thing needed when trying to escape the concrete jungle of E&C.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: