Good Man Chinese Takeaway, New Kent Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 27 September 2016 9.12pm
This place has been closed for most of the decade I have lived nearby. Now the shop sign is suddenly illuminated tonight, although the shop itself remains shuttered and closed. What gives?
Tuesday 27 September 2016 9.47pm
It's a sign ;-)
Wednesday 28 September 2016 1.07pm
😀 there's light at the end of the tunnel
Wednesday 28 September 2016 10.26pm
Willing to be corrected, But one thing residents of SE1 and surrounding areas can be assured of, there hasn't been a decent Chinese takeaway around this area for years, and I don't anticipate this changing anytime soon! Unless you consider generic slop labelled "Chinese" authentic.
Thursday 29 September 2016 8.33am
The sign is quite hilarious as well
Thursday 29 September 2016 12.31pm
Remember going into there years ago and asking for Hot and Sour Soup....and got a container of sweet and sour sauce watered down! There used to be a nice restaurant in Tooley street, the Great Wall , probably closed now, excellent Chinese food, but pricey.
Thursday 29 September 2016 1.59pm
Went there a couple of times after drinking in the evening, quite a few years ago. You did need to be seriously pissed to enjoy that stuff
djm
Thursday 29 September 2016 3.40pm
Littledorrit1 wrote:
Willing to be corrected, But one thing residents of SE1 and surrounding areas can be assured of, there hasn't been a decent Chinese takeaway around this area for years,

Crystal China on Tower Bridge Road is very good, and the Google reviews seem to agree. We order from there a lot and whenever I walk the place in the evening it is always busy. It's also noticeable how many Chinese people dine there, so that's a good a sign as any that it is authentic. The hotpots they do there are amazing.
Thursday 29 September 2016 4.07pm
I second Crystal China (especially the hot pots!). Fantastic food.
Thursday 29 September 2016 5.19pm
The GoodMan was convenient tho - there only seem to be kebab shops on NKR now... It'd be great to see a chinese takeaway return to that premises. I noticed the sign on Tuesday evening - wonder if it's a sign?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: