Helicopter noise

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 30 September 2016 11.41am
Was anyone else disturbed around dawn this morning by the sound of a helicopter hovering loudly somewhere around the river (I'm guessing)? Started at about six and continued for about an hour - not the first time, and very annoying. Am I right in thinking Sadiq Khan said he was going to do something about helicopters along the river? Just seems a very early start, and very disruptive. I used to get disturbed by helicopters chasing down car thieves at night when I lived in the Midlands a few years back, but I don't know whether this is something similar or instead linked to City Hall and activities thereabouts. We're down by Long Lane, but the noise really carries. A bit of a whinge, but interested to see if this has been bothering anyone else.
Friday 30 September 2016 1.20pm
There was a helicopter that kept me awake last night, and another woke me up this morning. And, joy of joys, they're filming with one on Sunday morning between 7:30 and 9:30. The noise really echoes around Shad Thames as well, so there's no sleeping through it.

In short, harumph.
Sunday 2 October 2016 10.12am
It's past 9.30 and the damn helicopter is still there. I have been awake since before 8 with it, am not feeling very charitable!
Sunday 2 October 2016 11.20am
Something went off around 5.00am according to my neighbour in the proximity the bit of Union Street opposite Gambia Street along to Great Suffolk Street. The rumour is that someone was stabbed, my neighbour saw a puddle of 'claret' to the little road to the side of the Travelodge [for deliveries and customer car parking]. At 11.00am there was still police tape sealing off Gambia Street all the way along to where the Union Theatre used to be.
Sunday 2 October 2016 4.37pm
That would explain why it stayed for several hours, though I can't imagine what help it could be to the incident.
Sunday 2 October 2016 9.50pm
Appears to be an unfortunate coincidence of filming and a crime scene. No peace in London is there
Monday 3 October 2016 7.37pm
We get them all the time around where I am as we are near to Jamaica road.
Monday 3 October 2016 11.25pm
Yes a menacing black helicopter no marking on side. Near Southwark tube. What is the reason for these noisy intrusive contraptions?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: