PIP Benefit is a farce

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 1 October 2016 7.47pm
Personal Independence Payment benefit, is anyone actually claiming this, as I know of people who have tried and one of them even blind and he failed because he could walk unaided four feet, they employ a company called Atos to do the assessments and it seems they fail everyone. On a site another had aspergers illness and in wheelchair and also failed with zero points. This benefit is a farce, in my opinion..the appeal is nine weeks and then you hear nothing...The assessors are not even qualified doctors. And seem to give people zero points no matter what their health or disability is.
Saturday 1 October 2016 9.23pm
If you turn up unaccompanied (or unassisted), it's game over before you've started.
Saturday 1 October 2016 9.53pm
Tell them you can't physically get there and want home visit. A lady I know did that successfully, heaven knows how when you hear such terrible tales.
Zoe
Sunday 2 October 2016 9.15am
I think Boroughonion is right, the successful cases I have known of have been people who were accompanied. My other half has been twice with a friend of ours, for ESA and PIP and him being there was essential as the person was in such a state they couldn't remember anything to tell the assessor.
Sunday 2 October 2016 10.15am
If anyone is having problems claiming ESA / PIP etc, I thoroughly recommend this website http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/
They publish online excellent step by step guides to filling out the forms and give a lot of advice on how to describe the symptoms and what to include [so the people checking can do their tick boxes]. Joining fee is under 20 for the year and they also include advice on how to appeal, how to phrase your claim. This website helped me a few years back and I have recommended it to others. They also have a forum where you can converse with others in the same situation. Best wishes to anyone claiming these days, they continually change the goalposts
Sunday 2 October 2016 6.35pm
I just seen online a lady who has 12 children and getting 40k benefits from government every year and she is planning to have more. and people are struggling to get this benefit, what a joke. I thought the fathers would have to pay or maybe they are and she is just milking the system, makes me mad when people cant even get PIP or ESA that are disabled.

link to it,

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/1243325/holly-willoughby-cheryl-prudham-this-morning-benefits-mum-thirteenth-child/

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: