Where the pancakes are, Flat Iron Square

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 2 October 2016 8.12am
Opened Thursday and we went yesterday. Lovely light fluffy American style pancakes which you can have with tradtional bacon bluberrires and maple syrup or with all sorts of toppings Also serve delicious cider and wine, beer or prosecco. Really friendly staff and bright clean place. Would thoroughly recommend the pancakes -super light and yummy. Service was not very fast but food was worth waiting for.
Flat Iron Sq is going to be a real venue when other places open soon.
Sunday 2 October 2016 5.13pm
Went there today and it was lovely! Definitely recommend!
Sunday 2 October 2016 8.42pm
Billy1 wrote:
Went there today and it was lovely! Definitely recommend!

Oh darn! Were they open today? I didn't go because there were no opening times for Sunday so assumed they're only open Mon - Sat :(
Thursday 24 November 2016 3.19pm
I tried this place on Sunday after seeing the recommendations on here, and I must say it's lovely - The Table and Joe's Kitchen tend to be my usual brunch places, but this might be my new favourite. I had a polenta and sweetcorn frittata with avo topping then a banana and chocolate ganache pancake (I was hungry). It's got a trendy vibe but the people working there were super friendly.

No connection, just keen to see it be a success as I'd like to keep having brunch there!
Thursday 24 November 2016 4.18pm
This sounds much more successful than our visit to The Bar a couple of weeks ago. Walked in around 5pm, the place was completely empty, but still the barman couldn't muster up the enthusiasm to acknowledge us. When we finally managed to make eye contact, I asked if they had a wine list and he said 'I can't serve you, the till is down', then turned his back and walked away. No apology, no explanation, no offer to get us a drink while the problem was sorted, just outright bad manners and complete lack of customer service. We left and won't bother going there again - there are far nicer options in the area where the staff actually make you feel welcome.
Thursday 24 November 2016 5.07pm
I'm not sure about a 'trendy vibe', whatever that may mean. On the (several) occasions I have dropped by the place has been very quiet. It looks scruffy (trying too hard with the recycled / industrial 'look') and uninviting.
Thursday 24 November 2016 5.28pm
You didn't miss much on the beer front, either, Jane.

What's the point of all that 'trendy vibe' BS if you're only going to serve the same mass-produced industrial products that practically everywhere else serves? It's not like there's a shortage of locally produced beers.
Thursday 24 November 2016 6.08pm
Well I have found the owner patricha to be extremely nice and very friendly and the food to be lovely and very busy the times I have been on the weekends and really wish them all the best.
Friday 25 November 2016 4.08pm
Perhaps I'm confused but I don't think The Bar is connected to Where The Pancakes Are? I think I walked past The Bar while trying to find it and yes it was dark, deserted and quite scruffy-looking.

I was saying that Where The Pancakes Are had a trendy vibe - I'm hardly an interior decorator so hard to explain exactly what I mean by that but it's quite minimalist and cool looking to my inexpert eyes! And was very clean and light.
Friday 25 November 2016 6.01pm
You're right, Lexy, we went off on a tangent. They're only connected because they're jointly marketed as part of the Flat Iron Square development/entertainment box/street food emporium.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: