Stabbing in Union Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 2 October 2016 2.13pm
Something went off around 5.00am this morning according to my neighbour, in the proximity of the bit of Union Street opposite Gambia Street along to Great Suffolk Street. The rumour is that someone was stabbed, my neighbour saw a puddle of 'claret' to the little road to the side of the Travelodge [for deliveries and customer car parking]. At 11.00am there was still police tape sealing off Gambia Street all the way along to where the Union Theatre used to be. Just checked again 2.00pm tape still there, police vans with dogs been and gone and fingerprint people seem to be taking prints on the outside doors of the Travelodge. Rumours are of a 'party'. Can't find anything else anywhere. Does any one know?

Related news & features

Sunday 2 October 2016 3.17pm
A bit more here:

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Sunday 2 October 2016 5.31pm
James Hatts wrote:

Quick off the mark there James, thank you! Police, SOCOs, fingerprint and dogs have all gone now, all that's left is a lot of blood on the pavement outside the Local Express and the employment agency.
Monday 3 October 2016 8.59pm
Saw the aftermath of this. Not pretty! Street pavements sprayed with blood, but bizarrely I've not seen any reports on local or national news feeds (other than SE1...). Suppose it's so commonplace now that stabbings and serious crime of this type are no longer news worthy!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: