Southwark housing heating

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 3 October 2016 10.21pm
Has anyone else noticed this year Council is very slow putting on central heating in their properties and unable to giveth date when they will fulfil this obligation. What is going on?

Heating is on in other parts of London

Nice open fireplaces too... Now wouldn't that be wonderful
Tuesday 4 October 2016 11.23pm
My friend in Redman House tower block on Lant Street has got his heating on. A lot of the flats are owned though so maybe they treat them better.
Wednesday 5 October 2016 2.02pm
Beetroot thx. Think you may have answered the conundrum. Some of our neighbourse appear to be on too. First year have noticed this tho
Friday 7 October 2016 7.34pm
The delay in turning on district heating means you are entitled to a reduction in service charges as the council is in breach of its obligations under the lease for failing to provide a service.
Friday 7 October 2016 10.55pm
[quote iskiff]The delay in turning on district heating means you are entitled to a reduction in service charges as the council is in breach of its obligations under the lease for failing to provide a service.[/quote many thanks I am seeking compensation for this and similar matters ']
Saturday 8 October 2016 7.39am
When leaseholders on Aylesbury estate first got a breakdown of their service charges they were amazed to find one service component of ..washing the windows of the balconies....plus regular maintence of the grassed area. One told me he had lived on the estate since it opened and had never seen a window cleaner doing them, and as for the grassed areas I remember picking ox eye daisies that were eighteen plus inches tall near Wendover!
Saturday 8 October 2016 9.24am
Ha ha. I. Can believe all that that too Jan. Thx
Sunday 9 October 2016 6.33pm
Told our communal heating will be turned on 10th october. Years ago when I lived in Essex we had no central heating at the house there, this went on for years until they brought in the rule that councils had to supply it to those who didnt have it, all we had was a gas fire. and the winters were pretty nasty back then and I would sit in live room with gloves on at times and big jacket in winter.
Sunday 9 October 2016 6.35pm
To ad though as regards to now. our communal heating is turned off in summer but they still charge for it as extra on top of our rents though. They dont cut down the costs charges for this even though they turn it off.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: